Anyone with citi ask for a lin

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Jan 10, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I talked to the nice lady at citibank, but didn't follow through.

Anyone with a Citibank and derog info, try to get a line increase?

Roni?

The nice lady said, they have to verify your work address, how much you make, etc and its forwarded to a department along with your credit file. Typically 4-6 months is the minimum term, but i had made 5 payments so far..

Anyone who got in on the Citi AA deal, try for a raise yet?

I might do it at 4 months, since that is what the citi rep recommended waiting..

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

RE: Anyone with citi ask for a

Well I have a Citibank Classic that I've had since 92. Limit is $800 and have not receive any type of increase for ~6 years. I called back in Sept? to request a $200 increase. Not only did they pull a HARD inquiry, they denied me for the increase AND took back half of my new interest rate that I had just gotten lowered (from 21% to 17% to 19%). I got a letter and it stated that these changes were due to my current credit report. Hey...and least they didn't cancel my card!

So, anyone w/ a Citibank card that is looking for an increase with derogatory info on their reports needs to wait.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Anyone with citi ask for a

Thanks for the warning!!

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

No way, man....I'm strapped in

To the wagon that is. NO i haven't. I have $18K with them and I am not even considering getting an inquiry for an increase. If I come close to needing more than $18k available credit, shoot me. They will pull your credit report you know.

roni

5. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

RE: No way, man....I'm strappe

Well, I got an increase from Citibank in december, from 1200 to 2200. I don't think they pulled my report for this. That is, they didn't pull Experian or Equifax. Haven't checked TU in the last month, but the initial inquiry, when I first got the card was on Equifax. So I suppose they didn't pull a report this time.

I have this account since May, no derogs...

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

When they pulled my report for the increase, they listed TransUnion as the creditor that they used.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

If you are interested in a credit line increase...ask for an "ALREADY APPROVED CREDIT LINE INCREASE"...

Some bank ocasionally put one on the REPS computor screen.

:)

No application, no credit report
    (probably based on payment history)

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: does citi do that george?

Just curious if we're talking about the same company..

i'm gonna sit on my hands for now.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: does citi do that george?

Don't know about CITI, since I was denied...