Anyone with poor credit ever g

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Dec 10, 2000.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Anyone with poor credit, who got the CITI AA deal? Ever ask for a line increase???

2. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: I can't believe this!

I will probably be condemed for this, but...

...if you have "poor" credit, you have no business with a Citibank card. I believe you are the fella who said that "lying" about income on a credit app. is no big deal.

Also, I believe that you have just very recently had this Citi account opened. Why in the hell are you worrying about an increase already? I have the same question for Rolo and his Providian? Prove yourself before asking for an increase. The increase will come automatically in that case.

I understand that everyone wants big limits and low APR's. But if your credit doesn't support these things, then you will not receive them.

I guess the bottom line is: I don't have any bad credit, and that maybe is the reason I get so frustrated with posts like this. Just wait! Just like the negative entries to drop off, you have to wait.

3. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: error

condemed-->condemned

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Hay Mr. High and Mighty, These are normal questions to ask - especially for someone with a new account. Your attitude really sucks. This board is used for exactly these type of questions. If you can't post anything positive or helpful, I suggest you go somewhere where all perfect people hang out.

5. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

and 1 more thing....

How do you know he has "poor" credit? If he got the account it can't be all that bad now can it?

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

shush.

Dave,I asked a question.

If you have to be so negative, and not answer the question, your mouth may best be kept shut.

Keep the thread on topic.

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: shush.

Also i don't think my credit is so bad with citibank. After reviewing my credit report, I had two citibank store cards with my EX which were closed and paid perfectly. Now that i look back on it, Citibank probably took that into consideration...

My question restated: Does citibank consider only your credit history score during increase requests, or do they weigh their own internal files, or both?

Please post something constructive.

8. me2

me2 Guest

RE: shush.

I believe they act in the same way other banks do and that is to review your account rather than checking your credit; however, more and more banks are randomly running inquiries to review the credit health of their customers.

My advice: Pose that question to a Citibank rep to be certain.

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Thanks. Hay Citibank rep!

Thanks i forgot about him! You're so smart :)

hehe

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Sam

I have had the platinum for a while and they put a soft inquiry on my reports about every 4-6 months.

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

question Sam?

Sam I also have a question for you. If you dont have "poor" credit as you so eloquently posted above, why did you ask the question? Now, Sam I brought it to your attention before that you just seem to bring up things with the Citibank card which starts 'fights'. TO answer your question, most of us have only had the cards for 4 months and cant really give you answer. But you are smart enough to know that. As for those who have had the card longer, most of these people do not have poor credit. We had a Citibank rep explain on this board about 3 weeks ago, that this subprime marketing was new to citibank. This marketing is something that we all benefitted from. I guess you just struck poor Dave's nerves. You've plucked my nerves as well. But I've gotten over that. Really. Sam, you should slow down regardless of your credit. BTW: I remember alot of your post and picked up on your credit situation without you listing it all out as many of us have. Dont look to increase the credit limit with any card in less thatn 4-6 months.
    That would be a wasted inquiry to your credit file.

roni

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Also Sam

It think if you ask for the increase you get an inquiry. But if they do it automatically through review, a inquiry doesnot show on your credit file.

roni

13. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Also Sam

Fair nuff roni, since you and others have had the cards longer, maybe when you get around to 4-6 months(i dont know how long you have had yours), or if citibank rep cares to share, please do.

Reason i asked: So i wouldn't waste and inquiry and a denial.

I am guilty for being impatient :)

14. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Also Sam correct

If you ask for increase they will pull hard one, if they review your account for increase they will pull soft inquiry, but they do pull your reports they do not just rely on your account standing with them. If you have some blemishes on your reports they probably won't give increase even though you are current and in good standing with them. How do I know this you may ask, I have had my platinum for some time now and questioned why I never got increase I was told that my ratios were high and I had a delinquency on reports, but thank goodness that is gone, but yes they do look at your overall credit and reports for increaseing, but maybe the AA series is different but I don't think so.

15. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: thank you

For your experience and non-criticising response. It was exactly what i was looking for.

16. Killer

Killer Guest

"Just wait! Just like the negative entries to drop off, you have to wait."

I used to think that! But I have learned better! YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT!

17. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: You could lie...

I'm sure that's what you are getting at.

Again, this is coming from someone who doesn't have any negative credit, but all these posts about disputing accurate negative information and getting it removed is unbelieveable (having BKs, repos, collections, etc.)

All of these derogatories occured, and you are disputing them, and in many cases, having them deleted, consequently. WOW!

18. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Oh, Dave.

Give Sam a break. Sometimes, we have to give peeps the benefit of the doubt. I see what you are saying, but in this case, I am just looking the other way.

roni

19. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

RE: You could lie...

get over it.

20. Saar

Saar Banned

Well I can

Dave wrote to sam:
    "Prove yourself before asking for an increase. The increase will come automatically in that case. "

There are posters here who contribute nothing to this board, and when they make a mistake I normally don't even bother to correct it. But you're not one of them.

I believe you were wrong to say this. First, because if there'a anything I've learned it's that the credit industry is full of shortcuts, and when I come accross one I'm not afraid to use it. Be those shortcuts called "structure change", "product transfer", "retention agents", or whatever. Second, because factually that strategy doesn't hold water. As Jason recently stated on CardWeb, Amex (to name one) will NEVER give you an increase unless specificly requested. Third, I know of numerous issuers that WILL grant an increase upon request even during the first couple of months since the account was opened. Yes, it may require some negotiation skills. Fourth, credit report entries contain a wealth of information. If one of the listed items in a certain entry is inaccuarate, I see nothing wrong is disputing the entry, even if it's otherwise correct.

Saar