Anyones thoughts ...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jsever, May 30, 2001.

1. jsever

jsever Well-Known Member

I've had a couple of experiences where it would seem that a creditor is looking at an old credit report.

If you clean up a credit report at one of the CRAs and a couple of months later apply for a line increase with a creditor you've had for a while, does that creditor get a fresh look at your credit report or does he have a copy of an older one on file?

Are creditors charged for every access to the CRA? Maybe they file a copy and hang on to it for a year or so.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I UNDERSTAND THEY "PAY TO PULL" BUT DISCOVERCARD SAID THEY NEEDED TO PULL A CREDIT REPORT TO "SEE" WHAT TODAYS REPORT SAYS...IT DOES NOT MATTER THAT I HAVE PAID DISCOVERCARD IN FULL EVERY MONTH, AND NEVER HAVE BEEN LATE OR OVER-LIMIT...SO I SAID NO THANKS...

3. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

If a creditor is going to consider you for an increase, they will want to have an updated report. So, if you're asking for an increase, more than likely, the creditor will pull a fresh report. From time to time, creditors will check your reports anyway, just to see how you're doing. They want to make sure there are no red flags. Since updated reports are readily available, I can't imagine that a creditor would rely on information that is several months old. Occasionally, I'll get an increase without a credit check, but I thank my lucky stars when that happens.

Donna

Donna

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I COULDN'T SEE THEM HOLDING ON TO OLD REPORTS...SINCE THEY CHANGE DAILY, WEEKLY, OR MONTHLY...

5. jsever

jsever Well-Known Member

Donna - Are you the same Donna that helped me with Ford Credit? If you are - thanks. After a couple of calls to them and then disputing with CRAs I got the reports cleaned up. One of them actually says "paid on time, no lates," and the other says 1 30-day late. Not bad.

6. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

no, but...

Congrats anyway. I'm glad you were successful. Every improvement helps.

Donna

7. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I'm having a fight with Ford credit now. What was your situation and what did you do about it?

8. jsever

jsever Well-Known Member

The CRAs had two accounts listed, one had 60-day lates, and 90-day lates. I called Ford Credit in Nebraska, talked with someone named Antonio, who was really pleasant, contrary to what I had been hearing about Ford Credit. Anyway, he said there was only one account, and that showed only 1-30 day late. I asked him if he would verify this with the CRAs if they tried to contact them, and he said that he would. I then disputed with the CRAs (remember there were two accounts listed). Of course I disputed the worst account. It came off.