Applied for AMEX

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by IamBuzzed, Apr 26, 2001.

1. IamBuzzed

IamBuzzed Well-Known Member

Well, after liingering here for a while, i finally decided to apply for AMEX. I applied for Green for Students card as I was rejected for the BLue card. Hopefully this is get through.

Its odd this time, the message said that if im approved i will recieve my card in 2 weeks. the rejection page for BLue was different. it said "we can't approve you now but, we will let you know" oh well....

2. Saar

Saar Banned

Did you previously apply for the regular Blue, or for the "Blue for Students"?

Saar

3. IamBuzzed

I applied for the regular Blue NOT blue for students about 2 months ago and they didnt accept me. I think back then they didnt have Blue for students. They recently merged two cards together to form the blue for students. I think the Blue card is harder to get than regular green. I didnt apply for regular green.

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Yes, the Green is indeed seasier to get than the Blue.

You might want to try the Blue for Students. The terms (16.5% APR, no BlueLoot points) are not as good as those for the regular Blue, but I'm sure once you get it, you can "product transfer" it to the regular Blue.

Saar

5. Saar

Saar Banned

seasier => easier

6. IamBuzzed

The reason I didnt go for the Blue is i got rejected last time and my credit hasnt changed much since. I wanted the Blue at first but i hoping that if i get Green, and keep good record of it, then I can qualify for Blue. also I want the Membership pooints :)

I have a question. Do you know if the Blue can get membership points, i know they can get loot points but how about points with regualr green, gold etc? I know you can link cars like optima to green for points but i dont know about Blue.

7. Saar

Saar Banned

The approval standards for the "Blue for Students" must be more lenient than those for the regular Blue, that is why I brought it up.

If you have 1 card that's eligible for MR, you can link ALL cards as well (MJ is a living proof :))

Saar

8. IamBuzzed

Really? That would be the ideal situation for me. A regular Green and a BLue to use and collect up the points. Well if i get approved for Students Green regualr then i will apply for Blue for students, cuz im sure i will have a better chance when i get green regular. tHx for info