Applied Household-Stupid Stupid

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Maer, Sep 2, 2001.

1. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

I checked MILLCBS to find places that pull Equifax in Calif. which Household does. I thought Household was considered subprime so I would have a shot at it.
    Of course I received the 7-10 days response. Then I searched back here and found that they don't accept anybody with a past bk. STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!! Why didn't I search here first. A wasted inquiry for nothing, and I know I'll never get it off either.

2. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Good point about doing a search before you apply. I read about 100 old posts before I applied successfully for a Spiegel card.

Still, it can be hard to resist applying even when you know the facts. I know that Amex shies away from applicants with high balances, but I applied for an Amex card last week anyway.

3. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

I read this board religiously and was quite sure Household was a subprime card. I already have the Orchard and thought I would try to add this. I must have missed the post saying Household wouldn't accept if you ever b/k.
    Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.....

4. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Not true. Household was my first card post bk.

19 app fee. 79 annual fee. 300 credit limit to start.

1 year 8 mos later. Annual fee rebated in full. interest rate 15.9. 2300 credit limit.

If you don't get the card ask for reconsideration.

They are clearly subprime if you applied for the regular household card (not gm).

Orchard is the same company, by the way.

5. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

Thank you, I guess that is a little encouraging. Somebody here had posted that he/she was told it was an automatic no if you had a b/k. I'll hope they were talking about the GM card.
    I'll let you know when I get my letter or card.

6. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

just wanted to chime in and report that i have a bk and a household card

7. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I need to add that I got the GM card last April. The GM card is definitely a prime card. This was 26 months after my Chap 7 BK discharge. In those intervening 26 months, I did a lot of credit cleanup and opened a number of new accounts, auto loan, installment loan.

However, I want to state that getting the GM card took a month and they wrote me a letter asking for copies of my drivers licence and social scurity number. All of my other requests for credit were approved or disapproved quickly but not this one. My credit limit was only $1500.

But the bottom line is - They checked equifax and saw a public record of my BK and 3 discharged credit card accounts. But I still got the card.

Jim

8. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

Well I received the decline notice today. Stated reason was public record (b/k). I tried to call to see if they would reconsider. Couldn't get a live person on the phone but did get a recording saying I could send a letter to their reconsideration dept.