Apply 15 times with 680+fico??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kev, Feb 26, 2001.

1. kev

kev Guest

Does anyone know if someone has 2 old tradelines and a 700+ fico, and they apply 15 places, will this start lowering their score? (And they are approved.) What is the cut off point before your score goes down if you keep a 0 balance when applying this way.
    Do you believe if it does go down, will it go down less if they are solicited rather than applying themselves?
    Thakns again,kev

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: red flag

You'll flag your account and most banks if you apply to more than 3 or 4 places in a short piece of time.

I had best buy security drill me for trying to open 4 accounts in a weekend.

they declined me for too many attempts to open new accounts in a short period, never the less (bad in my good credit days).
    ymmv.

3. jason

jason Well-Known Member

RE: Apply 15 times with 680+fi

My understanding of the mysterious FICO score system is that applying 15 times would be very hard on your score - and it would continue to effect your score for the next six months.

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Apply 15 times with 680+fi

I think 15 times in a "short period" will most likely hurt your scores. And it makes no difference whether solicited or not, even when solicited they still pull your report just like when you apply on your own.