Apply CC & Cancel right aw

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Top, Feb 20, 2001.

1. Top

Top Guest

Hi,

I am sure you all can help. As my spouse's situation. He applied for BankFirst CC and after he rethought there was a fee (huge fee) so after he clicked apply then he called BankFist right away to cancel the CC. After a few months there is Bankfist item showing up on his report including late payment. He's never received the card or anything from BankFirst.

So he sent BankFirst the letter demanded to removed this item. BankFirst told him that all they can do is removed late payment and closed the account by consumer's request.

As I understand the account had been opened and closed in short period of time, hurts scores??

Or any law that can back up this issue. They refused to remove.

TIA

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: Apply CC & Cancel righ

Dispute it as NEVER ACCEPTED THE ACCOUNT...
    please remove!

3. Top

Top Guest

Hi,

I did dispute with all 3 CRA's as It's not mine but they all came back varified.

My spouse, he didn't even receive the card or any letter from BankFirst. BankFirst mentioned that because my spouse applied for it so they have to report to CRA.

As my understand, when he applied for CC, BankFirst has the right to pull and review his credit report but as he never use their service or even have the card. They should report. Am I correct??

Please advice.

TIA

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

They can pull credit report fine, but...you NEVER took the account or got the card...

YOU SHOULD TRY TO DISPUTE IT AS NEVER ACCEPTED CARD OR USED ACCOUNT!!!

MIGHT WORK...