Approved 4 Private Student Loan!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lmckenzie, Jul 3, 2001.

1. lmckenzie

lmckenzie Well-Known Member

PRIVATE LOAN

I finally got the private student loan that I have been searching for and boy am I am happy. The guy on the phone told me that I could use the loan for whatever I wanted and that they are sending the check directly to me. My only question is though Shantel and PSUGirl and others did you have to pay the interest while in school ?

Man I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy.
    I may finally be debt free.

I am going to pay off all of my credit cards.
    $2000 worth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Who did you get the loan through, and what interest rate?

3. lmckenzie

I got the loan through Citi-bank and the interest rate is 7%.

Keisha

Waking up from a credit nightmare

4. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

That's great Keisha!!!! Congrats!

Citibank told me to kiss their behinds, but hey, whatever!

I choose to pay the interest while in school, although, I could have compounded it over the time I was in school.

How much did you get? 7%...that's pretty good. Mine is 7.32%...yeah it's weird, I know! Did you have a co-signer Keisha?

5. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Was it the CitiAssist loan?
    If so, then:

It says on the web page:
    "On an annual basis, students can borrow up to the cost of education less any financial aid they received. "

Did you have to send any kind of information to validate the cost of the education and other financial aid? Or were you able to just tell them how much you wanted?

If it wasn't the CitiAssist, then what program was it?

Thanks for the info!

6. jfpruitt

jfpruitt Well-Known Member

Yes, I would like to know also b/c when I tried Citiassist they wouldnt send the check to me. I had to go through Bank One

7. lmckenzie

No what happend was I had my husband to co-sign for me to get the laon. I asked for 10,000 and was approved for up to 18,200 but I don't think I will get all of it. I may borrow a little at a time. Or I may get it all : )

I go to a private school here in GA so the money was justified by the school just for the simple fact that private schools are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more expensive.

Keisha

Waking up from credit nightmare.

8. lmckenzie

Re: shantel

SHANTEL,

Girl you know I did..................CitiBank would have used my credit report as a training manual titled for "WHO NOT TO LEND MONEY TO" hahahhahahahahhahahahaha.

Keisha

Waking up from a credit nightmare.

9. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO Keisha....that is TOO funny. If your school says it's going to cost you $18k to go, then you'll be able to get the entire $18k now. I wouldn't bother nickle and diming yourself. Get it all, take care of business then live high on the hog (or chicken if you don't eat pork). :)

10. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Congrats!
    Lm

That is awesome that you got it through CITI

Cyprigirl:)