Approved-Amex Line of Credit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by marc04, Aug 22, 2001.

1. marc04

marc04 Well-Known Member

I applied on Monday after I read Saar's info. I got the -"We'll make every effort to approve you notice"My Credit Expert Score on Monday was 698. I have two A.E. accounts-Platinum Optima and Blue. I called the number Saar displayed and when it asks you to choose a selection-enter personal line of credit.Then it will prompt you to enter your SS#, then asks you for your PIN-just enter your last 4 digits of your SS#. If approved, it will give you an account number and the available amount of credit--all info. automated--I was approved for 25,000.00. So even if you get the dreaded message, there is still hope. Again I checked my credit report just to make sure they did not go more in detail with my report and it is still the one soft inquiry--Great -Thanks Saar for the help!!!

2. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Marc04! $25,000 seems to be the magic credit line with Amex.

Dani

3. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

marc, Congratulations!! Sorry for being so rude.

4. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Congrats!

I got the same thing. I am assuming it means I'm approved.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

$25,000 @ the lowest rate?

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Can you BT on-line, or do you have to wait for checks in the mail?

7. the other

Well, now I'm real confused.

I called again and spoke to a rep who said the application was still pending.

I will call again tomorrow...

8. WHARDY

WHARDY Active Member

what is the 800#?

9. the other

1-888-356-1006

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

<bump>

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

<BUMP>

12. the other

George,

I'm not really sure what is up with my app. The reps say it is still pending, but when I use the automated phone system, it gives me an account number and says the available cash is 25,000. After I applied I received an e-mail that said my application was pending, and indicated a rate of prime + 2.99.

But I don't know anything for sure. When I find out I will post it.

13. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

I called today, automated system said 5500 Line of Credit. Spoke to a Rep. and said also still pending. Account # is a reference number until it's approved, which then turns in to your account number.