Approved by Target

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by RichGuy, Oct 19, 2001.

1. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Although I didn't get instant approval, I just checked my Target application status online, and have been approved for $300. I don't know which report they used.

A small victory, to be sure, but I was so shocked that they turned me down 14 months ago. This relieves some of my credit anxiety.

I applied partly to measure how good my credit is, and partly because I just want to buy stuff at Target. My Macy's card is close to its limit, so I may be shopping at Target for a while. :)

2. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Congrats RichGuy - as you have seen from many posts on here, that Target Card is not simple to get!

It reports to all bureaus each month and every 4
    months, you dial the number on the back of the card, press increase, and it goes up $100.
    FYI Richguy, from posts I've seen, they only go into "automatic 4 month mode" after you have been a cardholder for 6 months.

Again, congrats - its a big victory. Target has some great stuff. They are big in SF suburbs.

later - Dogman

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Congrats Richguy!

Your credit recovery is well in process.

Regarding these on-line credit limit increases - I assume they do not generate a hard inquiry.

If I wanted an increase, I would contact Target by phone just to make sure. Odd stuff happens.

Jim

4. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

Can I ask what your scores are now? and what they were 14 months ago?
    KHM

5. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Awesome!

You beat me.....I got instant approval but for only $200.00.

Great card to have!

Shawn

6. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Thanks to Dogman, Jim, and Supershawn for their kind remarks. It's nice to be part of the Target club. :)

KHM--The only score I have is a CreditExpert score of 646, which I got about a month ago. It's based on Experian, of course, and the Experian report hasn't changed much in 14 months. Two falsely redated chargeoffs now appear to be 20 months old rather than 6 months old. I now have 7 bank cards over a year old, vs. one before and six new accounts.
    A bunch of inquiries, 4 of them fraudulent, have also aged to over a year now.

Target pulled Experian before declining me in August 2000, and my recent acceptance could have been caused either by improvements in the Experian report or by Target pulling a report other than Experian. Some posters have mentioned Equifax lately.