Approved for citi limit 9000

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lifetime, Aug 25, 2001.

1. lifetime

lifetime Well-Known Member

I have applied for this card 3 times before being approved. I paid down my balances and my last chargeoff was removed. i have been debating on applying for this card because my student loans are showing 60 date late as of 7/2001. I'm still in school so they are in deferment. I disputed this on equifax and experian and I guess it help.

I'm finally out of subprime hell. I will transfer my balance from cross country but I won't close it until 3/2002(three year mark).

Next question how long should I wait before I apply for the gold?

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

if you were approved instantly, go and apply for the gold ASAP right now, not tomorrow.

3. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

Congrats, welcome to the citi club.

mindy

4. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Congrats, Wow, citibank seems to be handing out credit cards with huge limits left and right.

5. lifetime

Thanks Sam, I applied from the gold and got another 9000. my rate is 16.65 on both cards. When I get the cards, I will upgrade to platinum.

Thanks to everyone who post on the board. I don't post a lot but I read almost everything. I have been repairing my credit since 99.

6. lifetime

thanks Leo

7. IncomeHelp

IncomeHelp Well-Known Member

Well that is great news!

Well I'm wondering is I should apply, and if I do should it be during normal business hours?
    I wonder if it is late or weekends and their online is not working I would be left wondering.

Any thoughts?

8. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Once again congrats. Now all you have to do is combine and upgrade to platimum. Wow a $18000 limit.

I hope I also get approved for a additional card. Mine wasn't instant.

9. lifetime

Income I applied around 8 eastern time.

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

only if your F.I.C.O. is below 685...

11. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!. I also was approved intantly for the same amounts last January. They will raise your limit to 10,500 on each card in 5 or 6 months!. Enjoy it!.

12. CASPER72

CASPER72 Well-Known Member

I am wanting to know what kind of scores you need? I have a 520 equifax score and applied last night. Then I thought I should have disputed some things on it befor I applied. I got a message saying that they will send me a letter when they complete processing of my application. Does that mean rejection? Or should I hurry and do online disputes and see if they will give it to me.

Thanks for the help!!

Casper72

13. sam

sam Well-Known Member

typically you can get their card if you have no derogs less than 24 months old. Thats one of their rules

I would have disputed all your baddies , then applied when they are all in dispute.

14. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I took a gamble and it paid off. If you haven't applied for anything the last 6 months , I would go for it and try applying.

But thats just me.

15. roni

roni Well-Known Member

CONGRATS! Welcome to the citiclub....$9k "that's what I'm talkin 'bout....

16. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I had several lates less than 24 months old. Score was under 620.