Approved for Citibank!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cyprigirl, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I won the battle with Citibank!

I just called!

After several tries I finally got the Citibank card!

Now 1 down and three to go!

Citibank just approved me today for the AAdvantage card for $2000!

Its not a big limit but its a start and now I will be able to get my ABA card and combine the two cards.

I am soooooo happy!

I finally got a prime time card!

Thanks, Mist I followed your advice and it worked!

Of course thanks to the board for its great advice and info!!!!

Cypri:)

2. $wealth$

$wealth$ Well-Known Member

Wow, that's great! Congratulations.

If I may ask, what agency did Citibank pull from and do you know what your score was when they did?

3. Cyprigirl

Thanks, wealth!

I read you had grest news as well.

Congrats to you!

Originally I was denied by Citibank a month ago, I applied prematurely.

Anyway I cleaned up my EQ file and I got an updated copy which I faxed to Citi and I spoke with the supervisor and he said he would look it over.
    Then today I called and the rest is history.

I am in Florida and they pulled EQ, but others have said that they sometimes pulls TU, FYI Chase pulls TU.

I don't know my score but I can tell you it was in the 650 range when I lasted checked it.

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Congrat's Cypri! Welcome to the wonderful world of Citi customer service (not to mention Citi retention :) )

Are you sure you can combine them?

The AAdvantage is issued by "Citibank (SD)", and the ABA card is issued by "Citibank USA". My understanding is that they're different divisions within Citigroup. Same as w/ the AT&T Universal card, it's probably on a different platform. Just guessing here, so if you (or anyone else) has concrete info, feel free to post.

Saar.

5. Cyprigirl

Thanks Saar!

I am going to call and find out!

That is true, they are with different divisions, I just read that its Citibank USA that handles the ABA card. I can at least try and I will keep you posted!

But I am soo excited now! I can bearly control myself!

6. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Happy Dance For You 2...

I plan to attack Citi next.... sighhh

Thanks for the inpiration..... ;-)

MartysGirl

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

props for citi, they must read this board and check names :)

Heh. Excellent company, great service, and fair rates (8.4% last time i checked my citi statement). None of that jerking you around.

8. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Cypri,
    I'm so glad you fought for it...

I knew you had it in ya!

Congrats.

BTW, I just found out today that a cc turned me down. I was sure I had been approved. I called and they said no. I stewed for about a half hour and then said NOPE, I'm not wasting that inquiry. I remembered my advice to you, Cypri, and I couldn't let it go. I called them back, demanded to be connected to the applications department, and the rep and I together figured out what happened and by having it reviewed by a person rather than a computer I was approved for a Platinum with the highest limit anyone has ever given me!

It's a good day today!

9. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

Congratulations Cypri, I remember not that long ago my approval and how happy I was. I'm singing, dancing and, smiling for you. Now if you don't like the interest rate you got call them they lowered mine from 16.9 to 12.4 a few days after recieving the card with a phone call in less than one minute, I also called today and the upgraded to the Platnium Select by just asking.

mindy

10. Cyprigirl

Thanks Mist!

That is awesome! High five!!!!!

I know today is a good day!!

Those damn computers! hehehehe!

It looks really good for my bar loan. I will know by Friday! I have met all their criteria, so I guess it is just a matter of getting the final approval.

After all that I am going on vacation!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Mindy!

I will keep those tips in mind.
    I know it is a great feeling when you have been in sub prime for soo long and you finally hit prime time.

I don't know what I will do with myself when I get approved for AMEX, because that is what I am really shooting for down the near future.

11. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Mindy,
    I got the AAdvantage over a month ago. I called last week about the 16.9% interest rate. They wouldn't change it. Hmmm. Maybe I shall have to try again. I decided not to combine it with the Plat. Select. but would love to get a lower rate on this one. How did you do it? Any tips on what to say, what they said, etc.?
    Thanks,
    Mist.

12. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

congratulations! gj

13. mindylou

Mist, I didn't do anything special I don't think(grining) when I called I just simply said that when I was approved online I thought the terms were much lower than 16.9, rep said hang on and in about 30 seconds she said how about 12.4 and I said great, Thank you, end of converstation. It worked for me anyway.

mindy

14. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Thanks, Mindy. I guess if at first you get the wrong rep, try...try again...

Mist

15. mindylou

Cypri, What kind of score are you trying to reach before trying for AMEX and which AMEX are you going to try for? I applied for blue and was DECLINED my score at that time was 640ish and is now 660 with eq.

mindy

16. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Mindy, I'm going for AMEX too and I've decided I'm not even going to try until I have 720 and my new accounts have aged at least 6 months. I'm looking toward next Feb or March to apply.

I've never applied for AMEX but I'm going to make darn sure I'm never denied!

I've also opened a PNC Bank checking account. MBNA is the card issuer for PNC so I'll apply for one of those next year, too. Then I'll get rid of two junky cards.

Mist

17. Saar

Saar Banned

18. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Saar,
    Thank you so much. I must have missed that post. You're terrific!

Mist

19. Cyprigirl

Mindy,
    Well I am shooting for a 680 to 720 score range if all my accounts are re-inserted like they should be and after I hopefully get my bar loan, I am going to pay all my sub primes off. Close a couple accounts and then shoot for it.

I am also thinking of opening a AMEX checking account.

Mindy, what kind of derogs if any did you have when you applied for AMEX? I am still waiting on the one item to get deleted!

But my one negatives is five years old and paid.

I am thinking that my score is higher than the 650 range but I have not been able to get access in the last couple days.

Thanks,

20. mindylou

Does the Citi Plat Select report credit limits? Is there any difference between it and the aa card? I know there is no annual fee on the plat select but what about any other differences? I thought maybe I might apply for another aa card since I just upgraded my aa card to plat select any suggestions or comments on it? combine the new(?) aa card with the plat select for higher cl. Thanks

mindy