Approved for Citibank!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cyprigirl, Aug 8, 2001.

1. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

Cypri, I have a pd state tax lien from 97, 2 unpaid collections some lates 90 days from 99, but everything now is R1 status. FYI I called regarding my decline to AMEX the rep told me 650 score might do it, and also considering whats on your report.

mindy

2. mglanham

mglanham Well-Known Member

What's the criteria to be approved for a Citi card (credit score, etc) I have 2 derogs, collection and a chargeoff both paid. I also have about about 7 good tradelines. My TU score is 668 and my Creditexpert score is 650, any idea on my chances?? Should I apply or wait till I get the negs fixed?? Any advice would help, I am getting a little antsy to apply for an additional card...hehe

Matt
    Bad credit............but not that bad

3. mindylou

oops! Matt I had several negs when I got mine with a equifax score of 640ish, they pulled equifax for me if this helps.

mindy

4. mglanham

Thanks for the info, I might give it a shot tomorrow. I will let the board know the results. Wish me luck board.

5. Saar

Saar Banned

Yes, that seems to be the best way to get increases from Amex & Citi when no pre-approved increase offers exist.

Saar

6. mindylou

Matt good luck on the citi aa card but if I can get it you can too. If I had a four leaf clover I'd send it to you. heehee:)

mindy

7. mindylou

Thanks Saar, how long should I wait, I just upgraded to plat. today.

mindy

8. mindylou

Hey Cypri are you opening that cyber bar we chat about? Tom Cruise mixing the drinks? heehee ROFL:):)

mindy

9. mglanham

What's the criteria to be approved for a Citi card (credit score, etc) I have 2 derogs, collection and a chargeoff both paid. I also have about about 7 good tradelines. My TU score is 668 and my Creditexpert score is 650, any idea on my chances?? Should I apply or wait till I get the negs fixed?? Any advice would help, I am getting a little antsy to apply for an additional card...hehe

Matt
    Bad credit............but not that bad

10. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Saar:

You are right they don't combine the cards.

They are seperate.

But I just found out I was pre-approved for up to a minimum of $15,000 to a maxmum of $50,000 credit limit, based on the invitation they sent me and credit report. She told me that my application has to go through the final review process and verification about my ABA membership and household income and I would get my card in three weeks!

I am like WOW! Right now!

I can't believe this is happening!

This is tooooo much!

Cypri is about to pass out.............

11. Saar

Saar Banned

Wait? You mean you haven't applied already ?! :)

Saar

12. mindylou

Saar, no I haven't. Should I? It hasn't been 30 days since my aa card approval.

mindy

13. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You Go Girl!!!

Welcome to the Citiclub. I will be a citibank customer for life. Citi and Chase that is. They gave me my first real start at having good credit. That means a lot to me. Enjoy your new 'pretty' credit card.

14. Saar

Saar Banned

They will consider the first two applications submitted within any 60-day time frame.

I've submitted my silver AA & Gold AA applications within the same month -- both approved. So the best time for you to re-apply would be... yesterday.

Saar

15. Cyprigirl

Thanks Roni:

I agree I will be a Citibank card member for life.

It has been a struggle to final get it, but now this .....

I will definitely not forget Citibank!

Cypri:)

16. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Congrats Cypri. Do you know what report they pulled? Sounds like a good card to get. Anyway, way 2 go!

-Dave

17. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Cypri,
    I don't follow...

Is the ABA card somehow linked to Citibank? I thought that was MNBA. Is it that you have to have a major cc to apply for the ABA card? If so, you may have to wait awhile because I've had my citi cards for over a month and have had statements already which I have paid down and they are still not reporting anything to the Credit Bureaus. I think it's been 5 wks.
    Mist

18. Cyprigirl

I think its been changed to Citibank!

I had gotten a MBNA with the ABA offer a few months back!

But I just got this invitation recently and I wanted to wait until I knew my report was clean.

I just called and found out!

Cypri:)

19. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Congrats!! That is really great news and a good lesson in what to do with the updated reports!

20. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Cypri,

Well then...

you and your guy should be cracking open some bubbly tonight!!!

I'm so happy for you.