Approved for Plat. Select From Citi

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, May 18, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Re: Squawk and PSU girl...

Mary,

I can garentee you that my success with my mbna has nothing to do with me working there. MBNA is a global company....sites everywhere.

My sucess with mbna, like my other cards has to do with how i went about doing it. (its not what you do, but how you do it)

Ive had the same success with Atnt universal card. I never worked there. They removed all my lates also with one letter.

I am still working on getting them to change "canceled by grantor to canceled byu consumer"

Good luck with your disputes, never give up!

PSUgirl

2. Squawk1200

Squawk1200 Well-Known Member

Re: My MBNA Story

PSU Girl-

Thanks for your frank reply, I do think you misunderstood some things, though:

First, You signed up for the credit card, and you put your wife as an AUTHORIZED USER on your card.

Correct.

Second, you chose to CHANGE THE ADDRESS on your billing. That only made mbna think that you oved. but your didnt mention changing the name on the account.

I did not change the address on my billing OTHER THAN to correct it after MBNA allowed it to be changed FROM my address to someone else's. I did not ask for any name change nor did I ask that MBNA hold the ex- liable for the debt rather than myself.

Third, when you said that you found out that the account was past due, you called and a rep helped you out by REMOVING THE FEES. MBNA, like any other bank, charge you fees to MAKE A PROFIT. When they are removed, THEY ARE THE ONES THAT IS LOOSING MONEY. Honestly, they didnt have to remove the fees.

Well, I did say that I have a soft spot for them, but let's not get too carried away here. Do you know why they removed they fees? It was to MAKE A PROFIT. They made a business decision that, in that situation, the goodwill generated by removing the fees, plus my future business, was worth more to them than the accumulated fees.

Fourth, You said even after the account was 120 days past, you eventually got them to reopen the account. NOT A LOT OF BANKS WOULD DO THAT! storys or not.

Again, I said I have a soft spot, by which I mean that they have built up some good will with me. But this was also a business decision they made to MAKE A PROFIT. Late in 1999, over a year's worth of on-time payments after the address fiasco, I got a notice saying that they were raising the interest rate from 15% to 19%, and unless I called and closed the account they would regard me as having agreed to the increase. Since the account was closed, I saw no reason to agree, and I called them and told them so. Specifically, I asked them why I would ever accept an increase in rate if my accout was closed? To get me to agree to the increase, they did reponen the account. But it was very much a no-risk move for them: The account limit had been over $9000, and I had paid the ccount down in a year from about $8400 to about $3600. They reopened the account with only a $3600 limit.

fith, you that they reported the lates on your credit. . . . You cant blame a company for doing their job.

As I said in my first message. I am not upset that they declined my request. I am upset because it is obvious to me that the person who turned the request down did not read my letter. Rather, she was just told to research my account history. The essence of my request was "You are reporting certain delinquencies that I acknowledge happened, but that I think, in fairness, shoudn't be reported." The repy was "here is our proof that the delinquencies happened." That reply was non-responseive to my request.

3. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Re: My MBNA Story

Hi Sqwak,

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I can tell you though, from experience...when i wrote my letter to get my lates deleted, the woman from the executive offices called me one morning. She also was reviewing my account history, right on the phone with me.

I mean, she was reading notes from 1998 when i first opened the account.

I was a little lucky because the notes someone relected off what i was complaining about in the first place.

I was also lucky that my account had since been in good standing for over a year, or i dont think she would have budged.

I also requested to be contacted by phone or mail, and they did, in my letter. I was very firm, professional, and specific. I didnt threaten to sue or anything bad like that.

But, im glad that you got the account reopened and your getting it paid and keeping it in good standing. Hopefully, you'll be able to build a positive relationship with MBNA over time, it really is a great company to have a card with.

Good luck!

Psugirl