=APPROVED for the Amex Rewards Green!=

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by exotic, Aug 25, 2003.

1. exotic

exotic Well-Known Member

I was approved for the Amex Rewards Green Card, I have been getting alot of pre-approvals from American Express and I finally decided to apply, I was scared to be denied by Amex but I must have had luck. I responded to the pre-approved offer online and was approved Instantly!!!!

I'm so happy, the website said my card will be here in 10 days Woppppppiiiii.... =)

Is there anything I need to know about this card before I get it and start using it?

What in the world would the initial pre-set spending limit be?

Thanks everyone for your help!!!!!!

2. faztcobra

faztcobra Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat now with that card. I haven't decided whether or not I want to accept it unless it can help me get the AMEX BLUE card that I want, either now, or within the near future. On the pre-approved letter, it states that there is no preset spending limit, so I would guess that probably anything up to say, $2500 or so would likely be ok. I've also read that you can check for a pre-approval on AMEX's website. All that being said, I probably wouldn't ever run the card up over $500-$750. For us small timers, anything over that is quite a burden for "due upon receipt of this statement".

3. thickman66

thickman66 Well-Known Member

Well, I applied also, and did not get an instant approval, so I will wait and see what happens.

4. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Re: APPROVED for the Amex Rewards Green!=

Congratulations! AmEx is a major milestone for anyone.

Another reason not to charge too much would be the reporting of the balance on credit reports, which affects utilization. Utilization would probably be monthly balance divided by high balance.

So either you plan on utilization being close to 100% (if you charge the same amount every month) and you keep the amount low so it doesn't affect average utilization too much;

Or you charge a lot one month to establish a really high "high balance" and then avoid charging as much again.

Either way, you can't charge very much most of the time.

5. faztcobra

faztcobra Well-Known Member

Re: Re: APPROVED for the Amex Rewards Green!=

That's what I was thinking...maybe even going and buying the big screen tv that I want and then doing a BT to another card of mine. Anything to run up the balance and then show it paid off. Then I could probably get away with it being a gas n groceries card since they offer doulble points on this card for those purchases.

6. thickman66

thickman66 Well-Known Member

Yeah to the BIG SCREEN!!!! I bought a mitishbusi{sp} a few months ago and I love my TV...especially with my PS2 hooked up to it.

7. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

congrats on the AMEX Card!

I charged my Australia trip so it shows a high credit
    of $9434. I let them know I was going to Australia
    just so there would be no international card "denial" issues.

They show that as the charge I1 30 days

Later they will give you Extended Pay/Sign & Travel
    revolving options. You can have all charges go to that, and then pay that monthly - but my revolve rate is like 14% - but it is IDEAL for an emergency revolving line.

Then AMEX reports this one as a credit card - revolving - so - I show about $4500 high credit on that acct.

They are basically the same account, with just a few digits different.

I do know that it depends greatly on your amounts, how quick you pay them back - as to the "non-limit"
    I personally have punched in $25,000 for card travel or purchase and been approved. They probably will do $30K, but I do not want to mess too often with their "will I be approved" site.

AMEX was a huge help to me this past 3 yrs - they gave me the Card during Ch 13 payback. BUT - don't expect an upgraded card if any negs are on the record....

They automatically approved any charge I ever presented with no question.

Good luck and congrats again!

aarrff - dogman

8. exotic

exotic Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: APPROVED for the Amex Rewards Green!=

Nice...Doesn't I1 30 Days mean.... Installment 30 days late??

9. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: APPROVED for the Amex Rewards Green!=

I1=highest rated installment account

30 days=the installment rotation or length of the installment.

10. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: APPROVED for the Amex Rewards Green!=

thanks dude...

11. exotic

exotic Well-Known Member

So far, so good. Thanks!

12. exotic

exotic Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: APPROVED for the Amex Rewards Green!=

Thanks...