approved for usaa visa

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rolo, Jan 22, 2001.

1. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

called usa bank today found out I was approved for a $1000.00 limit at 13% apr with no annual fee. I am very happy, maybe I should dump capitalone now.and keep my providian and military star card.

2. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Great Job Rolo,

I will have had mine for a year in Feb. They are great for limit increases. You never get declined, if they cant give you the amount you requested, then they will make a counter offer. I have had three increases in least than a year. The customer service is great. Some are dumb founded, but overall, I would give up my Citibank, Discover, and Visa just to keep USAA. 5 Stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reshod

rolo wrote:
    -------------------------------
    called usa bank today found out I was approved for a $1000.00 limit at 13% apr with no annual fee. I am very happy, maybe I should dump capitalone now.and keep my providian and military star card.

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

GIVE UP CITIBANK? WHOA!

4. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Please reply, what CRA did they check and how is your credit? Is there an annual fee?Thanks

5. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

MP$40,
    They will make a counter offer of your limit increases. I joined Citibank when the citibank craze began. I called Citibank to information concerning a limit increase, just to find out the procedure, and they said I had to wait until six months.

With USAA, I called and they notified me a day later with the increase. Also after a six month period between increases, the customer service reps. can override any information and approve the increase on the spot.

Reshod

MP$40 wrote:
    GIVE UP CITIBANK? WHOA!

6. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Steve, there was no annual fee for mine. Other high value cards do charge an annual fee. My only credit flaw is a paid collection from 1995. USAA being in Texas checked Equifax for me. On that report, I have no derog. information.

Reshod

steve wrote:
    Please reply, what CRA did they check and how is your credit? Is there an annual fee?Thanks

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

didn't someone mnetion this was a military card or something like that??

8. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Thanks, I bank with USAA, but I was afraid to try their credit card.

9. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Sorry Momof3, this card is for those with some type of military affiliation.

Momof3 wrote:
    didn't someone mnetion this was a military card or something like that??

10. steve

steve Well-Known Member

You have to be in the Military or have one of your parents be in the military.

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I have read that about 90% of card holders are MILITARY, but ther is no requirement...
    (unless they changed the rules).

12. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Reshod, when did you get your card, I just checked their site and they say they go through usaa bank in Nevada for their credit card. Thanks

13. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Steve, I have had my card since March and you? Thats true they do go through USAA bank in Nevada. They are good with payments, but it takes a while for them to update their daily website.

Reshod

steve wrote:
    Reshod, when did you get your card, I just checked their site and they say they go through usaa bank in Nevada for their credit card. Thanks

14. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

I called a 1 800 # and applied.

15. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

USAA Insurance

Rolo, they also have great low priced insurance. I have a 2000 Galant at 24 years old, and I only pay $100 a month.

You might want to check it out, i dont think that they are like progressive who checks your credit before approval. I got mine over the phone