APPROVED! Get Smart Visa

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, Sep 5, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Hi,

I just recieved an email offer from E-loan to apply for the Providian bank, Get smart visa.

So I thought...OK... I had a providian account before for 6 months. It started at $100.00 and in 6 months went to 200.00cl. I was so sick of providian because they wouldnt raise my credit limit. So, I closed the account out.

So, i clicked on the link and went to an elion site that allowed me to apply for the card. Waiting for a response....I see this:

You qualify for a getsmart visa classic card. Well be in touch with you shortly to confirm information regarding your account. Enjoy all the benifits get smart visa has to offer including:
    0% intro. for 2 billings cycles
    1000 cl
    25 day grace

and some other junk stuff...
    then it gave me the option of clicking :I havent decided yet or send my card.

So, Im kinda happy that I got a better providian deal then what I had before.

I wonder what cra they pulled.

psugirl

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THANKS FOR THE NEWS...I GOT A 30-SECOND DENIAL...

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

PSUgirl still work for MBNA?

4. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I didnt apply directly from the get smart site. I guess that the email that eLOAN sent me was like a pre-approval. And the link was to eloan site and thats where the offer was. I applied for eloan some time ago, about 6 months and was denied for the loan. but they still send me email offers, i just deleted them as junk mail. I was bored tonight.

psugirl

5. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Of course! im not working as much as I use to. Im graduating soon and need to concentrate on school, or something like that!

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I got an e-mail from "GET SMART VISA" TO APPLY, so I applied...
    30 SECONDS DENIED!!!

SO I TRIED FOR MY WIFE...BAM 30 SECONDS DENIED!!!
    She had a 741 F.I.C.O. ON THAT EXACT DAY (EQUIFAX)...

I have come to the conclusion that when you reach a certain point with F.I.C.O. scores, YOU GET TO BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST...many people with WAY lower scores do better...

7. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

George,
    How many inquiries do you have now from all the applications this summer? Are you getting "too many inquiries" as one of the reasons for denials yet?

Mist

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

3-4?

One of the reason codes NO

9. amaineman

amaineman Well-Known Member

George is right, which proves that life is not fair.

I was just approved for the Get Smart Visa Gold, $1,000 cl, 0% two months than 19.8%.

Score 586 three months ago less than 5 inquiries on file. Applied at the sight with no prior invite.

10. jmart

jmart Well-Known Member

Hey psugirl,

Go BUCKS! =)

jmart

11. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Jmart, go Nittany Lions! :p