Approved!! Home Depot & Mobil !!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JustMe, Jul 1, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I"m so sorry, OtherTerri..how long ago did you apply?

2. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

I think it was Wednesday.

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Has anybody been approved for Home Depot with a previous BK?

4. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

Did he speak to somebody at that number? I just tried it and it kept asking for an account number. I kept waiting, then it gave me the option of using my s.s. number. I tried that and get this.....it pulled up my old account through them. It showed my balance and credit limit is 0.00. My last payment was 25.66 on 3-99. This had been included in my b/k and part of it was re-affirmed but they would not let me have a credit line back then. Anyway, it gave an option to increase my credit limit and asked me how much I wanted to increase it to. I tried for $100.00, it thought about it and told me their system was not up and I would have to speak to a account rep.

Does not sound too good for me either way

5. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Just called the Home Depot 800# and was told that I was declined. I think my bk-13 is the main reason.

Best regards,
    Sam

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

See, I'm beginning to wonder...did anyone get approved with a BK in their past??? Thanks

7. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

NanaC: I think you are right, Monogram Bank is BK senstive. I have a perfect payment history since my filing in 96'. Current Beacon FICO as of early July is 651. Just gotten an approval for a Target card for a $300.00 CL.

Really wanted a Home Depot as my retail card for the FICO model.

Do you think its worth to plea my case to Monogram when my rejection letter arrives?

Also just had my brother-in-law apply for the Home Depot and he got instant approval for $300.00, no bk but very high balances on his credit. (He's trying to max them out and lower them by 70% before the summer is over.)

Best regards,
    Sam

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Mirage..yup...it's one of those "slap your forehead, wish I had thought to ask before" moments...

sigh..

Nursie...do you have a bk in your past?

9. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

My husband did speak to a person when he called. We had a bk in 1991, which should be off our cr now. It is off equifax. I don't know who they pull.

I read recently never to enter an account number when asked. This is a way of "screening" customers. some companies now only allow their "best" customers to speak to real people. The person who wrote the article spoke to Sears and was told that customers who spend $600 per year are given the best treatment.

So, whenever I get a recording, I try dialing "0". I did then get the request for a ss#, which I hate using for everything, but I did enter it, and got a real person after that.

10. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I got my rejection letter in the mail today. Reason was for my b/k (4 1/2 years ago). They pulled Experian.

I wonder if it is worth it to plead my case via planetfeedback?

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hey, it can't hurt, you already spent the inquiry..I figured as much...well, now we all know..bk means no home depot...sigh...

12. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

Yes, I think I'll try that.

I don't care so much about the card as the wasted inquiry.

I just kind of got caught up in all the instant approvals everybody was getting and figured what the &#ll!

I'll let you know if I get a response.

13. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Me, too..tell you what, we'll do the same over here...when we get the letter in..how long did yours take to arrive? (the rejection letter from application)

14. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

Wife approved 1500.00 instantly. No Mobil card though.

15. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Congrats, Eddie...your wife did not have a bk then?

16. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NanaC

Over the river and through the woods to Nana's house we go...
    She's got a pool, she ain't no fool, in a land where there is no snow...Hey
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You know I'm going to get dumped on soon...I'M COMING IN A TRUCK FULL OF SNOW AND DUMPING IT IN THE POOL AND ON YOU!!!

:)

17. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

No Nana no Bk just a ton of charge offs, collections and etc. on both our files which we have been cleaning up slowly....very slowly.

18. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

just kidding

19. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

It's offical, got the rejection letter today. The reason for denial was the bk-13 from 96'.

Oh well.

Best regards,
    Sam

20. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

George!! Ahahhh...can you bring ice for iceskating..no wait..HOCKEY!!! Only I can't do either..ice skate or hockey..but it'd be funny to see me try.

Eddie...thanks...that helps.....congrats again..I'm not bitter, sigh, hubby has bk only and nothing else negative at all..5 positive lines..ROFLMAO....but looks like the bk will keep him out of the running..

Did I mention that the idiot lawyer who said hubby should go bk with me (I was divorced and left a ton of bills, hubby had 1 bill and it was not late)...well, that lawyer was an idiot. We specifically asked if I should go alone and he said..No, it's easier when you go together..so they ruined his credit for nothing..and we had only been married 3 months..and we were stupid and did it..and ::::big breath:::::: I'll be quiet now...off the soapbox