Approved in the Mail :-)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by BlueVegas, Apr 13, 2001.

1. BlueVegas

BlueVegas Active Member

Got a Gold CapOne card in the mail today. Guess what? It only has a $200 limit. I guess I will charge and payoff every month to build the card and their trust in me again. Let's see if Chase gives me a new card or Spiegal. Idone applying for a while. LAter....

GotANewCardNVegas

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

YOU MIGHT TRY THIS...

Charge the whole $200 at once...then call three days later and ask them what you are supposed to do with the other 27 days of the month???

3. Saar

Saar Banned

You don't want to go over the limit on your first month, when they are also likely to charge the annual fee (or is that a monthly fee now?)

Experience has shown that a first increase from $200 to $500 is usually possible *if you're persitent* (otherwise they increase it only to $300; But you may have to make more than one phone call to get it, and decline any lower increase offers they make.

3 ways known to work w/ them:
    =============================

1. "I need more credit to secure a car rental" (60% chance of success).

2. Asking to speak w/ Retention (a 75% chance). If they do make you an offer, it's usually better not to accept the first one, there'd usually be a second, better one.

3. Planetfeedback.com complaint + calling their Consumer Advocate (a 100% chance, so far).

Saar

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

BlueVegas,
    Some banks don't like people to max out the card and I knew one of the bank is Providian. They had done that to me a couple of years ago and they forced me to close the accoutn.

Ron.

5. bluestar

bluestar Guest

I was also approved for capone's $200 gold card. I called them immediately and told them all of my cards were $3000 plus. They increased me to $1500.

blue

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WHEN MY MINIMUM CREDIT LINE WAS $5,000...

One stupid credit card company tried to give me a $500 credit line, so I cut the card up and mailed it back to them...it was hard to get 500 pieces...don't think I got that many...