Approved!! Mbna Amtrak Mastercard

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JustMe, Aug 16, 2001.

1. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone:

Just read a article about the new MBNA Amtrak Mastercard. Amtrak and MBNA are really pushing it! I applied online at www.amtrak.com and clicked on Guest Rewards. Applied and received $5000.00 in 20 seconds.

FYI: My Fico Score last week was at 625 and I have 5 inquiries each on all three bureaus.

I have been denied for:
    Chase
    Bank of America
    Get Smart Card
    Etc ...Ect....

Try it out, it might just work out for you. Fair terms:
    3.9% on B.T's then 12.9....

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

3. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

What state are you in and which report did they pull, if you know?

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

According to the article you can transfer it to UNITED AIRLINES MILEAGE PLUS account.

5. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

Go to www.amtrak.com then click on : Amtrak Guest Rewards. Then click on Amtrak Guest Rewards Creditcard. This will take you to the application.

I live in Michigan. I am not sure what bureau they pulled yet. I was just approved. Trans Union is used 90% of the time for me.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THANK YOU...

7. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

I saw this earlier today. You can transfer your accrued points to United, Continental, and Midwest Express; exchange points with the Hilton HHonors, Marriott Rewards and Starwood (Westin, Sheraton, Four Points, St. Regis, Luxury Collection, and W hotels) and get free car rentals from Hertz.

I'm tempted to try but now I'm also wondering about the Citibank HHonors Plat.

Here's the direct link to the Amtrak card info
    http://www.amtrakguestrewards.com/Offers/mbna.cfm

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

According to the website this is issued by CAPITAL ONE. I would think that they would be reporting only the current balance to your report like their other cards meaning it could hurt your credit ratios.

9. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

Amtrak DROPPED Capital One. That was the old Amtrack Program. MBNA is the card bank now.

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Amtrak Guest Rewards MasterCard from MBNA:

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I stand corrected.......... It is MBNA

http://www.cardweb.com/cardtrak/news/2001/august/16a.html

12. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

I just had a family member apply for the card and they received 7500 cl. in 20 seconds also. Fico for them is 610 and they where just turned down from Citi and Jc Penny Card. Re: balances to high to limit ratio and to many inquiries in last 6 months.

So if you have had no luck with Citi or anyone else, or you have to many inquiries in last 6 months try this one. I can't promise you will be approved but so far 2 for 2 is a good sign.

I think they MBNA and Amtrak want to establish a portfolio for the card. Their credit approval might be lowered for a while.

No word on who they pulled yet. I will keep all updated.

13. sam

sam Well-Known Member

i applied for it, didn't even take a second to consider the app, just forwarded the email somewhere. Maybe their system doesn't work at night.

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Sometimes you can "SNEEK" in...SOMETIMES the door is closed to access at night...

15. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Boo Hoo,

I tried and got the obligatory we'll write to you message.

16. sam

sam Well-Known Member

who are they pulling btw? I applied but did not see any TU inquiry like they normally pull.

17. ledo

ledo Well-Known Member

Just called the Amtrak number and was told they pull TU and if there is any questions with TU they then go to Experian. Hope this helps.

Just me did you apply for the platinum plus or preferred mastercard?

18. $wealth$

$wealth$ Well-Known Member

Oh well, I applied and received the "we will notifiy you by mail" message.

I thought that it might be a go since they pull from TU. This is my best report with a score of 693.

Maybe I'll be surprised when I receive my mail. Not.

19. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Re: Approved!! Mbna Amtrak Masterca

I notice that they offer two different MBNA Amtrak rewards cards -- one is a regular one while the other is a Platinum Plus card. I'm assuming that you guys and gals with low-to-mid 600s scores are applying for the regular card? Inquiring minds want to know.

Randy

20. $wealth$

$wealth$ Well-Known Member

Re: Approved!! Mbna Amtrak Masterca

Ha! Not satisfied with one "notifiied by mail", I applied for both.

I need help.