Approved!! Mbna Amtrak Mastercard

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JustMe, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

I just applied and received the message "We will respond in 30 days...etc)

2. ledo

ledo Well-Known Member

Re: Approved!! Mbna Amtrak Masterca

I am curious as to what are the chances of being denied when receiving the "we will notify you by mail" message. Wealth, you have a great mix of accounts and good scores. Just very curious as to why no instant feedback like the others.

3. $wealth$

$wealth$ Well-Known Member

I don't know. I called TU since I applied to confirm my score. And sure enough, as of today it is still 693. Maybe they pulled from Experian, where my score is considerably lower...613.

Maybe I'll just have to place a call to MBNA Amtrak Mastercard:)

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

damn they were spose to pull TU they switched up and did Experian!!

5. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

Hey all:

I live in Michigan and Trans Union is the bureau that is used 90% of the time for me. I am not sure what one they pulled. MBNA pulls from all three, it just depends on what state you live in.

I applied for the Platium and received 5k.

Hope this helps.

6. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

I just called MBNA they pulled Trans Union for me. I a wim I told them the 5k was a small limit. The rep put me on hold and came bk and said how would 8k be. I said just fine.!!!!!!

I went from 5k to 8k with a very low 600 score and (5) inquiries on Trans Union.

I have been denied for every other prime card. MBNA is great.!!!!!

7. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

anyone know how MBNA is with past bankruptcies???

8. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

Geo,

I got that today too. I HATE those messages..for me they always mean denial. AARGH!

Steph

9. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

Marie,

I will share with you my husband's BK situation with MBNA.

He filed Ch.7 in '93 but did not include his MBNA Visa in the BK. He was never late with payments.

About nine months after he filed BK he tried to use the card and it was rejected. When he called MBNA they told him they shut off his card to charges because of the BK.

What bull. He said he never was late with them or anything but they didn't want to hear about it. They told him to call back in two years.

He paid off the card monthly a bit more than the minimum payment and about 14 months later called them and expressed his disappointment at this unfair restriction when he was never late. They reopened his card for use and he's been perfect with them ever since.

They didn't take too kindly to finding about his BK so I don't think I would apply with them if you have a BK.

10. Jay

Jay New Member

Well, I applied today and got the "notify by mail" screen. The thing is, there is no way they could have pulled an inquiry in the time it took...could they? We're talking 1/2 a second. Anyway, I checked my TU today, and no inquiry from MBNA. None on Eq. or Exp. either. What gives?

11. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Jay, by chance did you have an MBNA card in the past with a late payment record?

Randy

12. Jay

Jay New Member

Hey there - No I have never had any banking relationship with MBNA. My TU is clean, which is why I tried for this card. As far as I can tell, they made no inquiries at all.

13. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Jay,the computer must have saw something on your app.that caused it to flag it?

14. Tony V.

Tony V. Well-Known Member

MBNA PULLED TRANS, EXP FOR THE FIDELITY INVESTMENTS PLATINUM PLUS 11.99% PRODUCT

AND I LIVE IN SAN DIEGO, CA SCORES ARE MID 600'S AND VERY NEW CREDIT FILE SINCE 99'.....

TONY VERRENGINO

15. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Tony,so did you get instant approval?

16. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

Just a warning. I got my MNBA card up to its limits. Never late, always paid more than minimum. For no reason, they jacked up my rate from 13.99% to 22.9%. They gave me the option of rejecting the increase in rate, but I had to stop using the card. I declined their offer to increase the rate.

The point is this. When they get you hooked, with no place to go, they jack up the rate.

17. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

They all do that. Keep your options open.

breeze

18. Jay

Jay New Member

Hello all - I don't think they are doing approval online, or my SSN is flagged somehow. I can't imagine how, never had an account with them. I called and they said they pull from all three. Maybe you had to get in early, or maybe they are just backed up. My TU is in the high 600s my Equifax and Experian are in the mid 600s. Oh well. Enjoy the card if you got it online!!

19. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

I don't know what time you guys are applying but a piece of advice about the instant approval thing from someone who worked with it from the backend:

For most of the companies who provide the credit pulls for these large banks there are very strict hour regulations. Don't try applying for Chase past 8 or you'll see a "a reply will be sent in 30 days".

The traditional flow for the company is just to slap up that generic response whether the report company is down for the night, running reports, you were actually denied or whatever. But don't just assume you were denied.

I recommend if you have the stomach, take their advice and apply over the phone so there are no unanswered questions. If the system is down a person will kindly tell you that, the instant online approval will not.

Just my 2 cents.

20. lifetime

lifetime Well-Known Member

I know that Justme got this card. Did anyone else?