APR for Nextcard

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by 2244y, May 8, 2001.

1. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

I received my Nexcard monthly statement today and my APR is 8.99% now.My APR for Nextcard is calculated by prime rate +1.99%.Since interest will be cut by another half point,my APR will be 8.45%?

2. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

I am curious, how long have you had this account? Mine is new, (3 months) and I had some problems with customer service, so was working with a customer service supervisor today, and since I had had problems, thought I might as well ask for a rate decrease or CL increase... (I am learning from the experts here). He did waive the finance charge for this month, but said the computer wouldn't authorize any breaks for me yet...I am to call back in two days about a CL increase. I am at 12.9 APR, and he said to check back when the account hits 6 months.

How is Nextcard about limit increases...do you have to request them, or are they automatic? Any chance of getting a rate reduction at 6 months?

3. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Greyfox, I think what you mean is you requested a
    c/l increase and it will take up to 2 days for an
    answer.

vj

4. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

Greyfox,My Nextcard was opened in Feb,2000 .I called early July to request line increase and was approved .My credit line was increased from 3,000 to 6,000 but I had to transfer $1,000 balance from other cards.On Nov.15,2000 I got $1,500 auto line increase.So far I don't have big problem with them.One thing you should be careful is If you make large payment(more than 50% your credit line),that payment would't add to your available credit immiditely ,it will take up to two weeks for you can use that money,but that payment will be posted as a regular payment.