Are Christians hate mongers?

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by bbauer, Sep 9, 2001.

1. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Here is a shocking article by a West Virginia newspaper telling how our police may be planning to brand christians as hate mongers because they decry homosexuality.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL STORY

with friends like these, who needs enemies?

2. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Bill this article has nothing to do w/credit.

3. river

river Well-Known Member

I am gay and I am all for it. The "hate crimes" against homosexual men has been a problem for years. Too bad that it has taken this long for any action taken to protect us. Christians are the worst when it comes to judging others.For example of hate crimes: several years ago, Matthew was lewd away from a gay bar by two str8 guys and beaten and pistol whipped and left hung to a fence rail to die. For what reason: he was gay. I thought the part of the article that said:Yet,despite the overwhelming evidence that homosexuality is a deadly lifestyle...I have been gay for 24 years and I am not dying!!!!!!!!!! I find that this article or subject has no place on this board and is ones personal preference. What was the purpose for it being posted here? Any mother or father runs the risk of having a homosexual child. It is not a "lifestyle",it's not a "chioce", it's not something that you decide to be,it is what you are. And I was one out of four children,that was born this way. It has nothing to do with the way I was raised. We were all raised the same way.I never expect any "special rights" for my way of life with maybe the exception of being able to put a "significant other" on my health insurance. What if you have\had a child born this way? Would you want them to be bashed or possibly killed for no other reason? You think, maybe, my mother knew I was going to be born gay and that's why she named me Skyler. What a gay name,uh? lol!!!!!!!!

4. MT

MT Well-Known Member

Has nothing to do with credit. Nice to know, but perhaps is more appropriate on another forum.

5. Zaphod

Zaphod Well-Known Member

Bill, what's goin' on man? This isn't like you to bring a non-credit based post to the forum...interesting though....

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

...SO CLICK THE RED BUTTON "ALERT"...HAVE PBM MOVE IT TO GENERAL LOUNGE...

7. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Is it any more correct to bash one class of Americans for their beliefs and lifestyles (christian) than it is another (homosexuals)?

Is it any more correct to deny one class of Americans some right or priviledge because of race while furthering the cause of another American because of his race? (government contracts based on race discriminations?

Is it any more correct to deny one class of Americans the right to travel upon the nations roads and highways without undue harrassment from law enforcement officials while allowing another class of citizens to travel upon those same roads and highways without harrassment? (Racial profiling to determine probable cause to stop)?

Sadly enough, our land has always been a land infested with all manner of discrimination
    and this is not a matter of discrimination against one or another race, creed or ethnic or religious background or belief.

It is a matter of police and government attempting to find more and more reasons to further their power at the expense of anyone they can find to foot the bill.

Thank God not all our police and government officials think in the ways that a few rotten apples do. Janet Reno is a prime example of bad law enforcement. She started out in Florida with her vicious attacks on innocent people when she prosecuted a case involving a 15 year old boy who purportedly molested or raped a young girl. She put that poor child through hell and made permanent scars upon him that he will probably never forget for as long as he lives. He was later found totally and completely innocent of all charges, but Janet Reno made her political career on that one case for which she bacame so famous. (Reader's Digest Article)

Profiling of any class of citizens for any reason whatsoever is wrong.

nuff said

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I'M DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ALL THE TIME...I HAVE "TOO MUCH CREDIT"...

PEOPLE WITH MUCH LOWER F.I.C.O. GET ALL THE CARDS THEY WANT...I GET NOTHING!!!

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

we need an "off topic" forum.

10. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I don't think it's off topic at all because it's about discrimination by public officials and we here on credit net are constantly victims of exactly the same kinds of discrimination, just in a different context.

discrimination is still discrimination no matter what the excuse.

11. Saar

Saar Banned

Bill, your nonsense is becoming a little too frequent lately. Even for me.

Saar

12. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Sorry that I am not as perfect as you, Saar:

13. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Obviously some would like to discuss it, but it is way off topic.

Now we need a lifestyles forum, LOL.

We love you River.

14. pbm

pbm Administrator

Bill,

For future reference, please post all non-credit related threads in the 'General Lounge' forum.

Thanks,
    pbm

15. bbauer

bbauer Banned

PBM:
    Will do.

16. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

People talk about crimes against homosexuals in isolation, without mentioning that crime strikes heterosexuals as well.

Also, they mention the guy in Wyoming, but they never prove that his killers were Christians. Which they weren't, by the way.

If you're gay, try to get a grip on reality. Not everyone who disapproves of your behavior has murderous intent towards you. Equating the two is absolutely ridiculous.

God bless you, Bill, for taking a stand against discrimination. And for enduring it here as well, under whatever pretext.

RichGuy

17. river

river Well-Known Member

How would you know they weren't Christians?????? I am in touch with reality and see discrimination on a daily basis. You have all the undertones of a "gay basher". You should get in touch with reality sir. The article had nothing to do with the " heterosexual lifestyle and christians" and you shouldn't try to manipulate the topic to match your egotistical attitude. Nough said.

18. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

River,

You prove my point. I am never violent against anyone, straight, gay, or asexual, yet you pretend to find "undertones" that make me a "gay basher." If that word means someone who attacks homosexuals, then you're lying. If it means someone (like me) who says no when solicited by homosexuals, then it's such a broad term that it's meaningless.

Equating my remarks with violence or murder is absolutely ridiculous. It simply proves how important it is to protect our First Amendment rights against hysterical campaigns led by special interest groups.

To answer your question, how do I know they weren't Christians?

(1) Attacking people at all is contrary to many Bible passages. Attacking except in self-defense is contrary to Christian doctrine.

(2) If they had been Christians, you can bet the many pro-gay media outlets would have reported it. They always criticize Christians when they can.

And by the way, I don't hate you for disagreeing with me.

19. river

river Well-Known Member

This is not the time for "us" to be badgering each other with our beliefs. I stand by what i said regardless.

20. QUEEN_BEE

QUEEN_BEE Well-Known Member

I am a Christian. I have nothing against a gay person, in fact had a gay male roommate for a while. Best friend (and cook) in the world (hehe). I do not believe in gay bashing, however you must acknowledge that God so hated homosexuality, that he destroyed a whole city (Sodom and Gomorra) because of it. Still, that doesnt justify judgment by your neighbor, that's God's job.

Sorry, PBM, had to get that out.