Are Lizard, Mom, ~C~ here?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shirley, May 4, 2001.

1. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

I really don't like the new board.

In any case. I mailed a validation letter nearly 30 days ago. I received the green return receipt about 15 days ago.

I was just curious as to what to do if they do not respond at all to my validation letter? I sent Lizard's letter.

Thanks.

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Are you dealing with a collection agency, or a credit bureau?

breeze

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I'm here..was ~C~..now NanaC...writing from work.

Ok, there is a second letter that I'll send (I have one going, too, about the same length as you) that says "since you didn't respond, you don't have proof, remove immediately or..."
    When I get home, if I can find it, I'll post the one I'll use!

Maybe someone else can post one, as well.

4. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

Thanks Nana.

Hi Breeze. This is a collection agency that sent me a letter out of nowhere. The debt isn't even on my credit report. The debt is from 1993 at the latest.

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. The parasites!

Use NanaC's letter. She knows. :D

breeze

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I've had success with this follow up letter on two occasions. I'm sure there are others out there but for wahtever reason, this worked for me:

Dear Collection Agency:

This letter is formal notice that you have failed to respond in a timely manner to my dispute letter of X/XX/XX, deposited by certified mail with return receipt with the Post Office on X/XX/XX. You signed for receipt of this item on X/XX/XX.

As you are well aware, federal law requires you to respond within 30 days which you you have failed to do. Failure to comply with these federal regulations by credit reporting agencies are investigated by the Federal Trade Commission (see 15 USC 41, et. Seq.) I am maintaining a careful record of my communications with you on this matter, for the purpose of filing a complaint with the FTC, the Attorney General in my state, and the Attorney General in your state of business should you continue in your non-compliance. I further remind you that, as in Wenger V. Trans Union Corp., No. 95-6445 (C.D. Cal. Nov. 14, 1995) you may be liable for your willful non-compliance.

Be aware that I am making a final goodwill attempt to have you clear up this matter. You have 15 days to cure.

For your benefit, and as a gesture of my goodwill, I will restate my dispute. The following information needs to be verified and deleted from the report of any credit bureaus to whom you have sent this incorrect information as soon as possible:

Account Name, Acct. #XXXXXXXXXX

The listed item is completely inaccurate and is a very serious error in reporting. Please delete this misleading information, and supply a copy of the request to delete to me.

Additionally, please supply this information to each collection agency to which you have reported.

Under federal law, you had 30 days to complete and provide verification, yet you failed to respond. Do not delay further.

Be advised that I am requesting that you:
    · tell me what this money that you say I owe is for
    · show me how you calculated what you say I owe
    · give me copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe
    · show me that you are licensed in my state of XXXXX, and give me your license number
    · sto contacting me about this or any other matter you have, except to provide me with proof that I owe what you say I owe.

Sincerely,

7. zcraws33

zcraws33 Well-Known Member

That's a really good letter. But, does anyone have a letter for when the collection agency does not reply to the 2ND REQUEST for validation?

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ooops...yeah, I have that one, too...but I won't be able to post it for a while...busy day