Are people really THIS stupid?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Hmmm, Mar 13, 2001.

1. Hmmm

Hmmm Guest

I don't quite comprehend the intelligence factor of some of the people who post certain questions on here.

"Gee, I just filed bankruptcy 4 months ago, I have no job or income and no assets. Which is the best credit card to apply for?"

Or ...

"Gee, I am so pissed. I got denied (for the eighth time in 3 weeks) for Blah-blah-blah credit card. I've only got three unpaid collections, four charge-offs and a car repo that I paid off last week. Ooh, but I have a Cap 1 card with a $250 limit. Woo-hoo. Why did I get denied?"

What the heck are these people looking for, miracles?

2. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Re: Are people really THIS stu

Actually, most of us are here to find solutions to our problems. I know that I put myself in this place, however, all of my debt is paid off. (with the exception of student loans which are in deferment.)

My problem isn't that I expect miracles, but I do expect a little compassion. I won't go looking to you for that, but thanks for your effort.

Erica

3. mvfl

mvfl Guest

This is a credit repair board, in case you didn't realize. People who ask similar questions to the one you mentioned are not stupid - there are plenty of banks out there who will give people in those situations a credit card with a low limit and high interest. The people on this board realize the terms and want the cards to help REPAIR their damaged credit. Hence their involvement on this CREDIT REPAIR board. No one is looking for a "miracle" although it would be a miracle if morons didn't show up here and complain about posts that they DON'T have to read.

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hmmm - You are "ignorant&

I chose the word ignorant very carefully. There is credit available for everyone. The question is what are the terms. Since you obviously don't know this, why don't you shut up and read up.

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Hmmm wrote:
    >
    > I don't quite comprehend the intelligence factor of some of
    > the people who post certain questions on here.
    >
    > "Gee, I just filed bankruptcy 4 months ago, I have no job or
    > income and no assets. Which is the best credit card to apply
    > for?"
    >
    > Or ...
    >
    > "Gee, I am so pissed. I got denied (for the eighth time in 3
    > weeks) for Blah-blah-blah credit card. I've only got three
    > unpaid collections, four charge-offs and a car repo that I
    > paid off last week. Ooh, but I have a Cap 1 card with a $250
    > limit. Woo-hoo. Why did I get denied?"
    >
    > What the heck are these people looking for, miracles?
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++===========
    =========Sure these kind of questions may seem stupid to some,but perhaps not to those asking:Really the only stupid question is the one not asked!
    As I see it the main purpose of this bord is to help people exercise their legal rights concerning credit issues;rather than discussing peoples smarts:
    I've seen the same thing you have,but I let it pass with out comment because such comments do nothing to further the objectives of this board:So please be a little more forbearing !

6. lbrown59

Erica wrote:
    >
    > Actually, most of us are here to find solutions to our
    > problems. I know that I put myself in this place, however,
    > all of my debt is paid off. (with the exception of student
    > loans which are in deferment.)
    >
    > My problem isn't that I expect miracles, but I do expect a
    > little compassion. I won't go looking to you for that, but
    > thanks for your effort.
    >
    > Erica==
    ERICA don't be to harsh on Hmmm- perhaps Hmmm wil learn to take such post with a grain of salt and let them pass as I do : Hmmm is right about Dumb post but he or she should not lam bast the author.

7. lbrown59

Author: mvfl (---.215.223.137.tampa1.level3.net)
    Date: 03-13-01 11:20

This is a credit repair board, in case you didn't realize. People who ask similar questions to the one you mentioned are not stupid REPAIR board. No one is looking for a "miracle" although it would be a miracle if morons didn't show up here and complain about posts that they DON'T have to read.

Reply To Message======Hmmm is no more a moron than people using this board is stupid -Lets all be careful that we don't call the kittle black!

8. jshimmer

jshimmer Well-Known Member

Okay, okay, okay. I was only kidding. And bored today. I wanted to see how many people through a fit because of that message ... (Althought SOME of the messages posted are REALLY ridiculous)

Everybody chill ... :) (I promise I won't do it again!) :)

9. mvfl

mvfl Guest

lb...

Who made you the playground monitor? I know an attack when I see one, and this "Hmmm" person is another Bobby/Slim/Rob. When someone posts here for the first time and calls people here "stupid" then obviously they are not here for any productive reasons, just to harrass. I see this on other types of boards as well. The proper internet term for them is "troll." A "troll" is one who spends time on message boards posting offending and rude messages without having any interest in the real info on the board.

10. Gregory

Gregory Well-Known Member

mvfl...

I think you should chill out for awhile before you start attacking (especially attacking lb) - as you can see it was John Shimmer all along!

11. mvfl

mvfl Guest

Re: mvfl...

I wasn't attacking lb - I was defending MYSELF. Yes, I can see it was JS all along now, but it wasn't so obviously before he just posted that it was him.

12. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

John - Bad Judgement

on your part. In the 6 months I have been here there have been some very rude people here. Your post made it appear that "Hmmm" was one of them.

I make mistakes too. Probably answering on this thread was one of them. But there are really no stupid questions here if they are legitimate.

13. marci

marci Well-Known Member

AGREED re:John - Bad Judgement

Furthermore,

John, I've read your "comeback story" several times and you've taken advantage of the same agressive credit rebuilding strategies that many people have on this board. I don't quite
    understand why you are so critical of people on this board.

If it was okay for you to seek credit agressively - as you did - and if it was okay for you to send in knowingly frivolous disputes to clean your credit - as you have admitted to doing in
    some cases - , then do not criticize others for doing the
    same thing.

And NO question is ever stupid.

Marci

14. jshimmer

jshimmer Well-Known Member

Re: AGREED re:John - Bad Judge

Gawd, are you missing the point?? I was just KIDDING! I was just getting everybody's blood flowing! Gheesh! :)