Are you sure about that?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by AnnMarie, Mar 1, 2001.

1. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Several have mentioned about not being responsible for a credit card if you are only the AU-authorized user.
    The only bad hit we have that's less than 5 years is a disputed credit card that I settled with--they almost didn't want to deal with me since it's actually my husband's card but I was an AU. The settlement is on both of our credit reports. Could this item be removed from my CR? really?
    wow.....
    am

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

AU must be removed from your credit file.

period end of story.

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

dispute the item

directly w/the bureaus: "NOt mine" . It's not.

4. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Re: dispute the item

Just because someone "authorized" you to use their card does not obligate you to pay it. I let my teenage son use my card for school shopping, he in no way is held responsible for the payment.

Remember CRA are not in business for the consumer, nor do the care one whit about the accuracy of information. They are in business for their subscribers, and they will report ANYTHING that the subscriber sends them for your file.

5. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

I just got my Experian report today in the mail and it says very clearly that I was an AU and it's still on there--wouldn't they automatically fix that since I'm the AU and not the co-signer, etc?????

6. Jack

Jack Guest

Some card applications ask for co-applicant's income if you want them to consider that person part of payees.

It really depends on the wording for the supplement card. Co-applicant vs. Authorized user... read the fine print on your card contract.

Every bank is different so you have to fight for it.

7. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Author: Hal (12.26.86.---)
    Date: 03-01-01 15:55

Remember CRA are not in business for the consumer, nor do the care one whit about the accuracy of information. They are in business for their subscribers, and they will report ANYTHING that the subscriber sends them for your file

====================================================
    Trusting them is like having the fox guard the hen house isn't it?