aria and providian

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by peeper, Nov 9, 2000.

1. peeper

peeper Guest

Does anyone here have both aria and providian classic visa?I have providian classic applied for aria and was refused instantly.Told i would be sent reason in the mail that was over 3 weeks ago still no letter.

2. Eboni

Eboni Guest

You can't have both.

I called and you can not have both. That is why you were denied.

3. Terri

Terri Guest

RE: You can't have both.

I have them BOTH..but what I did was applied online for ARIA(approved),then applied via phone within 30 days for Providian(before it showed up on the credit bureau as a NEW ACCOUNT).

4. Eboni

Eboni Guest

IF YOU FOLLOW THE RULES and are Ethical, you are not supposed to have both according to Providian.

Why cheat a system?

5. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

RE: You can have both,

but it's by invitation only. That's not cheating. My husband got instant for the Aria, and abot 10 months later got the Pre-Approval for the Providian Gold. I my self have the Classic and got the same gold pre-approval and accepted, but later I closed it, and I have also gotten an approval for their Mastercard.

6. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

And since when has Providian demonstrated any interest whatsoever in following 'rules' or being ethical?

Their failure to do so cost them $300,000,000.

Eboni wrote:
    -------------------------------
    IF YOU FOLLOW THE RULES and are Ethical, you are not supposed to have both according to Providian.

Why cheat a system?

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Lesson, here is what I think.

not that anyone should care what I think, But I think that Providian has no real guidelines about this. Why do I say this. Because, posters have been arguing over this for a months now. Providian turned down my aria application. I applied for both cards on the same night. The computer had both accounts. Why because I had applied for the classic first. They asked me which one I wanted. They said I could not have both cards even though I was instantly approved. Many,Many people have posted the same thing. I believe these posters. On the other hand, many have posted that they already have 2 cards. I once thought it was a visa and a mastercard as one poster suggested. But now many people say they have 2 visas. Ok, I believe these posters also. So can we move on with this. Once every 4 weeks this same question gets asked. Can you have 2 accounts at Providian. I have the answer. Yes, if providian wants you to have one. I also have a part 2 to that answer. It is possible that having 2 cards is a recent change. And that all of us that were told no were told a few months ago, and all that were allowed 2 cards have done so recently. But nonetheless, Providian is not worth all this controversy. Cause, just like some of us gets big increases and some do not, some get grace periods by asking a rep and some of us get flat out nothing, some of us get annual fees waived and some of us beg and get nothing, providian does whatever they please and however they damn well please to suit them. Now that is my opinion on the thing.

roni.

Terri wrote:
    I have them BOTH..but what I did was applied online for ARIA(approved),then applied via phone within 30 days for Providian(before it showed up on the credit bureau as a NEW ACCOUNT).

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Lesson, here is what I thi

roni, as you, i and others here will always find, credit, the bureaus, creditors etc, are all using secret rules and recipes us lowly humans will never understand completely. Maybe thats the fun of learning about it. I have a wealth of information, about credit bureaus, i could explain if peepz were interested, i used to write residential screening software that utilized the 3 credit bureaus, merged reports, eviction histories, and had to directly interface to the 3 majors using machine format :) It was fun looking through thousands of reports, from several credit bureaus to make software that reliably merged, removed duplicates, and worked with their statistical scoring models. it also shocked me to learn how bad/good/flakey the bureaus truly are. They really have their heads up their butts and the information the provide can easily be skewed both good and bad by performing certain actions as a "end-user". its scarey.

I also learned alot about how the end-users (non-banks) read credit reports and that scared me more.

more times than not, i interviewed skilled credit decision makers who counted up all the 1's and then counted up all the 9's to make their decisions. (equifax). It really made me sick i spent years developing quite a nice program and sold it to see people use all of the information provided to them on a golden platter in a such a crude manner.

thank god i'm in the ASP/isp business now, programming for them drove me batty.

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Well, why dont you offer the info. That what all of us are here for.

sam wrote:
    roni, as you, i and others here will always find, credit, the bureaus, creditors etc, are all using secret rules and recipes us lowly humans will never understand completely. Maybe thats the fun of learning about it. I have a wealth of information, about credit bureaus, i could explain if peepz were interested, i used to write residential screening software that utilized the 3 credit bureaus, merged reports, eviction histories, and had to directly interface to the 3 majors using machine format :) It was fun looking through thousands of reports, from several credit bureaus to make software that reliably merged, removed duplicates, and worked with their statistical scoring models. it also shocked me to learn how bad/good/flakey the bureaus truly are. They really have their heads up their butts and the information the provide can easily be skewed both good and bad by performing certain actions as a "end-user". its scarey.

I also learned alot about how the end-users (non-banks) read cr....

10. tj

tj Guest

You CAN have them both...I called because I have a Gold Visa with a 7000 limit and was going to apply for the ARIA on-line. The response that the SUPERVISOR gave me was..there has to be a 90 day period between the two applications or it will not even run a report just deny. They used to NOT ALLOW BOTH but Aria is now considered a seperate part of Provididan and you can have two Visas
    as long as they are NOT TWO VISA's directly from Providian per say. I did get the Aria with a 2000 limit and the card was here in ten days from on-line app.

11. Killer

Killer Guest

Whew! I say!

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

damn.