Aria . . . Beware!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Michael Me, Jan 17, 2001.

1. Michael Me

Michael Me Guest

Does everyone know that Aria is just Providian in sheeps clothing?

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

are you sure about this? how did u find this out?

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

The providian reps pronounce it as the
    (AAARRIIIIAAA) card.

its crap.

5. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

hehehe...you're right!!!!

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: actuallly

It's been said on this board, aria customers are treated more poorly (in the subprime market) than providian.

7. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

RE: actuallly

Then I'm glad I paid up and got out of my Aria account as fast as I did (I left it open a year...). I was considering, though, getting rid of First Premier and FNB Marin, and trying for a regular Providian card. Or, should I just sit tight and hold out for some real offers, which I should start receiving in about a year or so...What do you all think?

Cheers,
    Cindy

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: offers.

If you have any major derogs on your report, don't expect to get any prime offers, (that are serious).

Citibank AA would be the FIRST prime card i would attempt to get after having all those subprimes, If you don't get the citibank AA, you probably won't get any other primes

9. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

I was denied Citibank and was approved for Discover Plat. and BofA Gold.

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Really what Citibank, and what was their reasoning????

11. Anon

Anon Guest

I applied for this card and got a 7.99% fixed APR last year (Chap 7 B/K on CR). Learned some accounts got 5.99% fixed. Canceled the card after 9 months - didn't like the bad P/R on the internet and didn't want to take chance of running into a problem with them. Seems lowest rate now is 9.99%? Had difficulty with their customer service. Would not reapply. Seems as if there are numerous complaints . . . but nothing compared to FUSA.

12. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

that's the rate I got last year on the platinum, so far I have had NO problems whatsoever. So as long as it goes well I am keeping it, hey it's my lowest rate 7.9 you can beat that these days.

Mom

13. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

that is a BEST RATE Mom :)