aria card (providian)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mt, Feb 8, 2001.

1. mt

mt Guest

I think I posted awhile back about calling Aria re: the awful interest rate on the Persona card and lack of grace period. Well I was able to get the interest rate reduced to 16.9% (that was about 4 months) ago. Today, I decided to call again and feign closing my account, I tried to get a grace period, no go, it's still not offered yet with the persona account (at least mine anyway), however, they raised my credit limit by $1000. I've had the account for about 7 months. Just thought I'd share.

2. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Funny MT....I just filled out an online app and was told "no go".

I suppose it's because of the recent inquiries, not the credit history per se.

Oh well, I'm not applying for anymore credit until Junum comes through for me.

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Is this your first card? And what was your starting rate? I just got one w/1000 and 23.99 So you only rated about 3 months and got your int rate to 16.99... Any other tips for Aria? They sound exactly like my Providian visa (same parent company)

4. TK

TK Guest

have aria as well, have had since july00 and have a line of 3000.00 now, tryed getting them to reduce APR and they would not budge. I know providian does this from personal experance. But aria didn't seem to want to budge, said it was a fixed rate ! Huh, we all know better, perhaps we didn't get the right person. Anytips on getting this lowered ?

5. mt

mt Guest

It is not my first card, but it is one of my first for rebuilding my credit. My interest rate was initially 23.99 w/ two months 0% interest. Though I've charged on it occasionally, I have yet to pay any interest. I started out by charging close to my limit, paying it off and doing that several times. The first time I called, I said, I do like the card, and have had lots of compliments on the color, etc. (yeah right), but the interest rate is rather high and it does not have a grace period. The first rep, very nice woman, said that she could not do anything about the grace period, however, "how does 16.99% sound." I said I would take it. It took two months for the new rate to show up on my bill, but it is there now. I checked online today and the credit limit increase is already posted.