ARIA card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Apr 27, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Has anyone determined whether the ARIA card is a higher end Providian card? Or is it a about the same as providian or a lower end card?

Without really knowing, I suspect that the ARIA card is slightly upscale Providian card as I have never heard anyone mention $200 credit limits or $6 a month fees when they got an ARIA card.

What kind of terms did you guys/gals get when you applied? I do remember that at least one person here on the board got turned down for ARIA as he had a Providian account when he applied.

2. john

john Well-Known Member

Hi Jim,

I have an Aria card and from what I hear the terms are about the same as the Providian card. I applied for a Providian card and was declined because I already had a Providian(Aria) card.

The only reason I applied was because about every two weeks I got pre-approved notices in my mailbox for Providian. So that makes me think that Providian services these two cards of different servicing systems and checks each system before issueing a new card. If they were on the same system they would have known that I already had an Aria card and not wasted their money sending me the invitaition.

As far as the terms they are detailed on the Aria website and I haven't requested a revision yet because I want to get my credit limit up over 5K and ask for the Platinum card. So I carry a small balance and they have increased my limit from 500 to 2600 in about 14 months.

I also don't believe Aria charges a monthly fee like Providian. I haven't paid one and like you haven't heard about anyone else paying a fee on their Aria card.

The annual fee is kind of steep as it is around $84.00.

Hope this helps.

3. jen

jen Well-Known Member

The regular Aria card has 23.99% APR and an annual fee of $59 I believe. My fiance just got one about a month ago. We were able to get them to immediately waive the fee and lower interest to 19.8. I think for the persona they will only approve up to $1000. So I don't think this is really a better card than the Visa Classic. The platinum Aria might be better. Not sure what the terms are on that one though. Hope that helps. :)

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

My husband and I both have the Aria platinum card, fixed rate of 7.9%, although I think they now offer 9.9%, both have 5K limits, never get increases though,

Mom

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

My friend got the Aria UGLY Yellow as her first card and it had a $250 limit. She had no credit and about 80 million inquiries. Her terms were the same as a Providian card and she has no monthly fee. Increases have been slow...not as frequent as a regular Providian card.

Hope this helps....

6. LoFico

LoFico Well-Known Member

Wow.....$250 limit and it's yellow, what a bummer.

7. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

The best was when she went to Target and got declined using this card for $50! It's bad enough that it looks HORRIBLE.....being declined at Target was the icing on the cake! ;-D

8. myong

myong Active Member

The aria. It's got to be the worst looking card i've seen(I'm still pretty new to credit, so let me know if you've seen worse)

No grace period......sent it back.

9. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

A friend of mine applied and was approved for an Aria card two months post ch 7 bk.

My hubby has the Aria card. I have two providians - MC and Gold. I've noticed that I receive more cl increase offers than he does.

Kelly

10. Fat Jake

Fat Jake Well-Known Member

Aria is basically the same as Providian in service. They have a website although its linked to Providian so you can only register one card. They are suppose to be fixing that soon.

The yellow orange thing aint so bad. Hahahah

If they would stop playing those dam commercials.