Aria Limit Increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by CR, Mar 3, 2001.

1. CR

CR Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Ok, by following your advice, I decided to get brave and try for a limit increase and/or an APR reduction from Aria. Here's how it went.

I told the first rep that got on the line that I had had the card for 4 months and that although I had used it, I didn't realize how much the high APR was costing me. (My pattern of use is charge, pay well over the minimum due, but still leave a small balance so that they make some money from me). She asked me to hold and passed me to a supervisor. The supervisor explained that the APR was a "fixed" amount and couldn't be reduced. I told her that I know others who've been granted reductions, but she refused saying there must have been specific reasons for those reductions and that she could not reduce the rate. She also said that since this was a new product for them, they didn't have anything available to upgrade to but they were working on that. As for the limit increase, she told me that since I had only had the card for three complete billing cycles (I'm 6 days away from my fourth billing cycle) at this point she couldn't do anything about the credit limit, but assured me that once the next billing cycle hit I could be reviewed for a limit increase. I bluffed and told her I had received another card with another company at a higher limit and a better APR. Again she stated that when the next billing cycle hit I could be offered a limit increase. (I think she said it would be written notification). For a least making the inquiries, she did offer to return my $89.00 annual fee (I'm glad at least something came out of this conversation), which I gladly accepted.

Ok guys. I know from the posts I've read here that a lot of you have had success getting the same things I tried to get. What are your suggestions? Do you think a call to retention in about 1 week would be a good idea? At that point, once the $89.00 is credited back, my balance will be $90.00. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    CR

2. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Cal retention

You did well w/their first line of customer service. I'd call the retention line directly (if you have been reading you know it's the Providian retention number). Ask for the San Antonio, Tx office (they're the only ones who can look at your Aria card). Retention has a bit more ability, but not much. Aria is tight right now. Don't know why. Anyway.

Tell retention you've been getting lots of offers lately w/much better APRs... then let them talk. Go for 16.9 but don't be surprised if you only get 19.8 or so. That's all I've gotten so far and I make this a parttime hobby :)

Then wait 7 days, and go for the line increase. I'd definitely go for the interest rate reduction now because terms don't affect line increases. By the way, don't be surprised if you actually have to wait 4 billing cycles. I was told 3 too and then I was told to wait one more month. I'm not sure if some csrs are just misinformed or if they tell you 3 because it doesn't seem that long... then they tell us just one more month... anyway, call retention and try. The worst thing they say is no. Then call back every month until you get the APR down.

3. Eboni

Eboni Guest

Re: Cal retention

depending on who you talk to on that day, you will get a different story or deal.

You have to call to close and mean it. I have meant it each time.

you will get an offer for a 1K increase in the next few months

4. Eboni

Eboni Guest

I meant few weeks, not months

5. N'awlins

N'awlins Guest

I have had an Aria card for 4 months now. I have called 4 times in the past week requesting a credit increase. Finally someone granted me a 1k increase with no fee yesterday. I think it depends on whom you talk to. In my case I called Aria at 10:00 a.m, retention told me NO. I called them at 10:10 a.m same day and they said that ARIA is all about customer satisfaction and that my 1k increase would be granted. Go figure! Keep trying. Good luck!

6. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

N'awlins

Exactly how long was it open? I'm testing to see if it's got to be 4 billing cycles before you get a line increase/
    When did you open the card? When did you receive the increase? If you don't mind

Was it After 4 billing cycles?

THe 10am thing is weird.

7. N'awlins

N'awlins Guest

Re: N'awlins

I have had aria for 4 months. I have had a Providian gold for almost 2 years.

8. N'awlins

N'awlins Guest

Re: N'awlins

right before the 4th billing cycle