Aria/provdian

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Xerxes, Jul 17, 2000.

1. Xerxes

Xerxes Guest

Was approved for card with $500. Do not yet get card, but did get a letter with card # on it. So I spent $200 on line. Now they have "held" the account and say I am $200 over my limit, what gives? Did someone steal my card ya think? Or are they crooks?

2. Jo

Jo Guest

Well, they should never have approved the transactions if your card/card number wasn't activated, but I want to know how you even got the card to work...but to answer your question, they're crooks.....

3. Stormie

Stormie Guest

Have you contacted Aria ? I would waste no time. There is no reason for you to be already over your limit if you had only charged 200 on a 500 credit line. I would think that you would have been assessed an annual fee right away however. I know it depends on the card type , but it should have been sent to you in the account disclosures. Obviously someone made a mistake here, and it doesn't sound like you. I am curious to know how they authorised a charge if you had no credit available though, especially 200. If you haven't contacted the bank yet, which I'm sure you must have by now, I would deffinately check and see whats going on here. I hear they send out their cards ready to use, no activation is necessary. So someone vary well may be using your card.

4. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

No activation your kidding right!

This is a recipe for disaster and fraud if I've ever seen one.

I know I wouldn't feel secure with a company that practises such haphazard practises.

5. Stormie

Stormie Guest

Nope totally serious ! My Son applied for the card. Recieved online approval. He called them a week or so later and they said the card was on it's way and comes ready to use, no activation necessary. While I've had great experiance with Providians Platnium cards, I'm not familiar with the Aria division. I think this is one practice/policy they diffenetly need to change.