ARIA rejection

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, May 17, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I am a little embarassed to admit that I applied for an ARIA Platinum card. One evening I had a few drinks and turned on the computer out of boredom. I logged onto Credit Net and saw an advertisement for the card. Impulsively, I applied on line and got a message that said ARIA would respond within a few days. 5 minutes later I saw a follow up E-mail arrive confirming what I had already been told. Anyway 2 weeks later, I received a letter rejecting me because " I or someone in my household already has a Providian card". No other reason was given.

It's no loss to me as I really don't need another card. I am sharing the information because I know that others here have been rejected for the same reason.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

LIMIT ONE PER HOUSEHOLD????

3. CCMAN

CCMAN Member

The same thing happend to me and I called Aria and they told me that my providian account was to new and that's why I was denied

something sounds fishy as I was approved for it before just decided not to take it

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I applied for Aria right after I got Providian Gold and the letter stated the same thing...that someone in my household already had Aria.....limit 1 per household.

Hey Jim....it's no big deal really...

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

GEORGE,

That is exactly what ARIA said.

MP$40,

You are so right. My application was impulsive and immediately regretted by me.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DID THEY AT LEAST REMOVE THE "HARD" INQUIRY?

They should have NEVER pulled it if "LIMIT ONE PER HOUSEHOLD"...

(the computer should have NEVER allowed it to go to the credit bureau).

7. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

No hard inquiry was pulled fortunately.

8. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

GEORGE,

I haven't seen any evidence that an inquiry was made at all. I might be wrong but I think I was rejected without the formality of an inquiry.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

OK

10. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

When I applied for Aria I got the same message about already having an account with Providian. There was no credit inquiry made.

11. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Hey Jim...me too man! Big fat NO BABE...no harm, no foul. Also, no hard inquiry was pulled here either!