Aria Visa Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by upset, Mar 20, 2001.

1. upset

upset Guest

Has anyone else experience difficulty in getting credit line increases from Aria? With me, it seems like I am trying to get blood from a turnip.

Any advice.

2. S.D.

S.D. Guest

How long have you had the card? I've had mine since 12/00 and from what I understand, I should be getting an increase sometime in April or May.

3. upset

upset Guest

I've had my card since December as well. My sister got a credit line increase and APR reduction after having her card for two months. She got a 1K credit increase, and her credit is horrible to say the least!

4. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

Got mine in 11/00 and just got an offer of 1000 for 49. 2 weeks ago. A week before that they had increased my line by 200. out of the blue.

5. Michael

Michael Guest

Eddie you might find that Aria has a policy of only increasing once every 3 months, and you won't get the $1,000.00 this happened to one of my clients.

As for me I've got an Aria card W/$250.00 that I can't seem to get any increase on. Had it for 6 months now usually charge between $300.00-400.00 a month on it, and make 2 payments a month. Never a late payment! Go figure???

6. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I got another one of those $1,000 for $49 on my Providian (same folks as Aria) Gold Visa this week. That would take my limit with them from $250 to $7,500 in a little over two years. I had been paying the increase fee every time they sent the notice since I got the card. After I read here that you could call them and get them to waive the fee, I did so. They said I still had to send in the form because it went to a different department, but that they would reverse the $49 fee for me.

While I had them on the phone I asked about rates. They lowered my APR from 23.9% to 19.9% fixed on both the Visa and MasterCard I have from them. I didn't have the cajones to try to talk them down to the 16.9% some people have mentioned here all in one phone call. I figure I'll call in a couple of months and give it another try.

While I was on a winning streak I called Capital One and Household and tried the same trick. They wouldn't even think about it. But then again, I keep those cards in a box on my desk with a zero balance and don't use them much.