Aria...Watch out!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jamie, Feb 5, 2001.

1. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Closed my account the day the card came in the mail 1/10. Today, I got a bill in the mail for the $89 annual fee. I'm suprised they didn't slap me with an over the limit fee because its closed $0/available,$0 balance. Of course they removed the charge, it just makes me wonder what else they can screw up.

2. hope

hope Guest

I applied over the net and it asked if I wanted to accept and you had all the fee's there to read in front of you. When I seen the 89.00 I rejected and it said I can not reapply for 6 months. Low and behold I got the damn card in the mail, I just pitched it aside. I then received the bill and it said I owed 89.00. I thought I was in for a ride, so I called and told then I want to cancel and explained what the situation was and he took the 89.00 fee right off. So I kept the card.

3. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Oh, my available credit was $0 today when I called. I cancelled that card on 1/10. I got the welcome package a week before the card. Wouldn't you know it, last Sat. I got another welcome package in the mail. How dumb are they anyways. I should have been smart enough to stay away from anything having to do with Providian. Live and Learn.

4. TK

TK Guest

Haven't had any probelms with Providian, but that sounds like someone wasn't doing their job in your case. these things can be so frustrating.