aria

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lisa, Oct 11, 2000.

1. lisa

lisa Guest

I received a letter in the mail a couple of months ago to apply for an aria with a 1000 limit. I didn't send it but received another offer about a week ago for a Providian Mastercard (1000 as well). I would prefer the aria b/c lower interest rate, etc. I already have a Providian Visa. My question is has anyone else received this aria offer and is it pretty much a sure thing? I noticed it says on the back something like "to qualify for this offer your Providian acct. must be in good standing and not over the limit". Anybody know if it is really preapproved or what?

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

If this helps any, I used to get these offers for 500-1000 from providian monthly never sent them in, then i applied online at the Aria site and got the platinum card for 5K, go figure. But one thing has made me mad, I have heard several people say they have more than one account from them, I however was told you could only have one, hmmm just makes me wonder that is all. But anyway I am just saying that I received their offers every single month and so did my hubby and we both declined to send them in for a mere 500, and yet we were both approved for 5K. So I think you have a chance here.

3. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I received the same Mastercard offer. I called customer service to find out if the terms of the account could be negotiated. The rep stated that the terms in the offer could not be changed. She stated that the pre approved offers were only sent to current Providian customers who had their current accounts in excellent standing. She did leave me with the impression that I may receive other offers that could have better terms.
    I did not send in the approval card because my current account has a much lower interest rate & I do not pay an annual fee. Hopefully I will recieve a better offer in the future. Hope this helps!

4. lisa

lisa Guest

Do you happen to know what bureau aria uses?

5. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

They used experian on me.

6. Saar

Saar Banned

I believe the Aria-line of products is better that Providian's "indoor" products, in that Aria Portrait/ Platinum require no annual fee and allow a grace period.

The exception is the Aria Persona, which is a rip-off card, and is no better than Net 1st, First Premier, etc.

Saar

7. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm not sure what bureau they use to initially check credit.