arrow financial help

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by geekpipe, Mar 2, 2001.

1. geekpipe

geekpipe Well-Known Member

Hello all,
    Hoping for some help on this one. I had 2 outstanding accounts that went to Arrow Financial. One of these went as far as a lay firm putting a judgement against me. I settled this. Now Arrow wants the other one paid (about 600.00). When I look at my credit reports I see that the judgement is still shown as just filed (not paid/settled) and also the collection account is still shown as open. I spoke to Jose at Arrow and I asked for the open account to be deleted and also something shown for the judgement. He said he would have them send out something. I do not trust them. Here are my questions:

1. How can I get something in writing so that I can send it to the credit agencies? Is this even possible or do they have to do this direct?

2. What should I do about the other $600 debt. The credit report says account opened nov 1994 and last activity 5/95. Shoudl i wait or maybe pay it off if they agree to delete it?

3. Can they delete the ORIGINAL Account which is shown on the credit report?

Any help would be appreciated as to what you might dop. The point is to get as much off my report as possible. I dont mind paying the full $600 but I want both the original and collection account deleted? Can they do that or only the original creditor?

Thanks
    geekpipe