Asking creditor to report no lates

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by QUEEN_BEE, Nov 8, 2001.

1. QUEEN_BEE

QUEEN_BEE Well-Known Member

I think I read somewhere about requesting a creditor (probably with a closed account) to report the account to the CRAs as being perfect even though they may not have been. Any example letters, advice?

2. QUEEN_BEE

Any opinions, anyone?

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Why would they, what's their incentive? I think if you owed a balance and agree to pay in return for a letter like that, stating "you were never late" that you can send to the CRA's, you may get it. But just asking a creditor to alter your correct history is probably a bit of a daunting task.

I would dispute it with the CRA's as "never Late" and I would do it online so you don't need to carefully word a letter, the drop down bars and fill in the blanks are all you have to do.

-Peace, Dave

4. QUEEN_BEE

The issue is that these accounts were deleted on some reports, and remained on others but with a deletion of the neg info. I would like for the latter to be on all reports, if possible.

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Mmmm wouldn't we all :))

I have the same situation and I imagine more than you and I are afflicted with one or more of the 3 CRA's simply deleting the account rather than make it a positive....prolly their vindication against the fact that they can no longer use it AGAINST you, they delete it so it has no POSITIVE value for you at all...the farging bastrages.

-Peace, Dave

6. QUEEN_BEE

Has anyone ever done this? Successfully?