ASPIRE -- ANYONE HAVE THIS CAR

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Donna, Nov 27, 2000.

1. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone.

First of all, I'm hoping that I put the subject in the right field for a change. I won't know until my post is displayed on the screen.

Anyway, I keep getting pre-approved offers from Aspire. The interest rate on the last card was 19.47% and that isn't too bad.

Is this company easy to work with? Does anyone have experience with their customer service?

Thanks for any info. I'll appreciate it.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: ASPIRE -- ANYONE HAVE THIS

Stay away from this card, their interest rate can exceed 33%, which to me is a crime in itself. they also DO NOT report to the credit agencies so this really does nothing to establish your credit history. My advice is to ekkp throwing their offers away.

Mom

3. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks, Mom.

I appreciate the advice. You've told me exactly what I needed to know. 19% interest is harsh enough; Never mind 33%! To me, that's criminal!

Anyway, I don't need the credit but you know how temptation is: When those pre-approved offers come in, you've gotta at least look at them.

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

you are welcome

Yes this card isn't very good at all. The only reason to possibly have this card is if you do not carry a balance and maybe want more credit but don't want it reported. But I would bet anything if you were ever late they would report this quicker than anything.

Mom

5. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE: you are welcome

Believe me! Mom, I've had enough credit headaches without looking for anymore. *Finally* my credit picture is looking brighter and I certainly don't want to do anything that might cause another blemish. If I could just get Equifax and Transunion to remove the paid charge off that's on there, I'd be in great shape. But disputes keep going out and I'm hoping one of the bureaus will delete the bad mark prior to Christmas. If that happens, I'll be ecstatic! That would be the best gift I could get.

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Same here. i am trying to get this collection ageny to delete for payment, if they would then my hubby's record would be CLEAN and that would be the best present I could get. I was happy to receive word that providian was removing my 30 day late, which is my ONLY bad mark, but so far it is still on my reports. I got the letter in early November, I'll give them a little more time then I will contact them again, let's just hope they do what they promised to do and remove it. I just disputed it again with Equifax and by rights they should fix it, but hopefully it will be fixed before investigation begins.

Mom

7. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Providian can be tough to work with sometimes, I understand, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll follow through on their promise. Really, it's in their best interest to delete your late pay. You'll feel good and will probably remain a good customer for many years to come.

And I'll hold a good thought that your hubby's collection acount will come off, too. Let's hope we both get the Christmas present we want. Then we can toast and celebrate.

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Donna,
    You are way, way above an Aspire offer.

roni.

9. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks, Roni, for the kind words. You've made my day. <smile>

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Donna

I will be doing the same for you!! Let's hope we get what we want by the end of the year.

Mom:)

11. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE: Thanks Donna

Mom, As long as I've been trying to get Equifax And Transunion to remove that paid charge off, It would be a miracle if it happens by Christmas. But I'm one who still believes in miracles, so we'll see.

Let's both of us pray hard and keep our fingers crossed.

Donna

12. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Let me join in on that prayer

I'm really feeling optimistic!

Kelly

13. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Looks Like a Good Deal

Aspire tells you on the solicitation which interest rate they're offering you. The interest rates up to 35% do exist, but to mention them when Donna already gave us the real rate is misleading.

Don't forget that 19.4% is the APR on that Citibank card everyone likes to brag about. Here it's being offered with no annual fee. In this case, Aspire looks like a good deal for Donna.

14. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Just to be Fair

Just to be fair, if she's way above an Aspire offer at 19.47%, then she's also way above a Citibank AAdvantage offer at 19.4%. Nothing could be plainer.

15. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Just to be Fair

Except the Citibank cards can be automagically decreased to 17.4%, no annual fee (or refund if paid already), by just calling up and asking for a platinum select. The minimum $$ to be eligible for platinum select is $1000, my gf received a CLICK CITI piece of junk by accident and turned it into platinum..

seems they are giving platinum out to EVERYone these days... i thought platinum used to be $5k limit or something.hmm....

16. Kevin

Kevin Guest

Could you give me Aspire's 800 number if they have one, or some kind of contact number.

17. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

You can apply online at www.aspire.com, BUT I wouldn't recommend this card to ANYONE.

Mom

18. Kevin

Kevin Guest

I believe it was your post earlier that stated they don't report. My debt ratio is high and this would bring it down. Of course I would use the Aspire card to pay another card and raise my FICO score, (I am in a credit buisness).
    I used to locate property for investors and now I need to build my own portfolio. I've been in property management for over 20 yrs. and need to manage my own.
    There are many FICO driven non-income verifying home-purchasing programs......

19. Kevin

Kevin Guest

I believe it was your post earlier that stated they don't report. My debt ratio is high and this would bring it down. Of course I would use the Aspire card to pay another card and raise my FICO score, (I am in a credit buisness).
    I used to locate property for investors and now I need to build my own portfolio. I've been in property management for over 20 yrs. and need to manage my own.
    There are many FICO driven non-income verifying home-purchasing programs......

20. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

RE: Just to be Fair

At 15.4%, I don't consider my ClickCiti card to be junk. Maybe I could increase my APR to 17.4% just for fun?

You're right about "platinum" cards losing their distinctiveness. Citibank has been a leader in lowering the limits and raising the APR's. My favorite example, however, is the Platinum Optima application I saw recently: 17.49% variable APR, minimum $2000 credit limit.

Good to hear from you, Sam.