Aspire Card must be crazy!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by CAS2, Sep 10, 2003.

1. CAS2

CAS2 Well-Known Member

I was approved for their card, only to find out they offered me a $300 credit line with $100 annual fee!!! I'm not THAT desperate....

Nuts, I tell you!

2. thickman66

thickman66 Well-Known Member

But alot of folks are, especially if they are trying to establish some good credit lines.

3. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Not as bad as First Premier, but getting closer all the time. Aspire has really gone downhill.

4. DanS

DanS Well-Known Member

Somehow the name "Aspire" seems ironic...

I've found that there's no way to talk to a human at Aspire anymore. I can get an automated balance on the phone, but any requests for CL increase or lower APR must be made in writing.

They denied my request in writing for a CL increase, with a form letter that says they don't do specific requests but periodically review the accounts and raise CL.

One month later I got an "automated" CL increase of $500 - interesting, since I had never never seen one happen "automatically" in my previous two years with them.

When I did my Ch7 about two years ago, I kept some cards and discharged some others. Unfortunately, I let my Chase and Citi cards go (higher balances) and kept my NextCard, Aspire, DMB and Cap1 cards. Cap1 & Providian had a zero balance, but they dumped me.

Now I'm left w/the worst of the bunch... NextCard went bye-bye, Aspire seems to be on their tail and my best card is DMB w/a 10k limit.