Aspire Gold Card ??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Jan 9, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Anyone heard of this card? I got an offer in the mail. I am not going to apply, I am just curious.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Do you have a good jump shot.

If you do, shoot the piece of garbage and score 2 points. CHECK THE INTEREST RATE. and other pertinent fees. What's up girl.

roni

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Is this the card some one got and the first bill came with an extra charge for going over the limit (WITH-OUT USING THE CARD)???

4. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Don't worry I am NOT applying. I am just curious.

5. Eugene

Eugene Guest

RE: Do you have a good jump sh

Aspire cards are bad for people who carry balance (sky-high APR) and for those who... well... how do I put it? ...those who should not have credit cards at all ($35 late fee, 5% cash advance fee). If you pay the balance in full, it's a great card (25 days grace period - even some prime cards do not give you that).

Another thing to consider: they do not report to CRAs. That means you cannot really build credit history with them alone. But if you need (and can handle) a hidden credit line, this is a way to go.

I still keep Aspire Diamond (that's one step down from Gold), even though I can qualify for (and have some) prime cards.

Eugene.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

WELL, let's just hope you dont have a financial emergency which leaves you unable to pay the balance in full for several months. Wouldnot AMEX be better if you can get prime cards with no problem.

roni

7. Eugene

Eugene Guest

If I have to carry a balance, of course I will use another card.

AMEX better than what? Aspire? Yes if you like good customer service, perks and online access. No if you like 25 grace days, hidden credit line and wider acceptance.

Eugene.

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

The card really needs to be sl

I dont agree with you that is all. You stated that aspire is GREAT if you pay the balance b/c they have a grace. All my cards have a grace except Providian. So there are definitely many better options. There fees are very high. They have the highest late fee I have ever seen. The APR is ridiculous as well.

So, if other cards have a grace and have lower fees, why fool with these guys. Capital One and Orchard have grace periods. Why not try them if you have questionable credit and are trying to establish.

I can't relate to the hiding a tradeline notion. If I pay on an account I want it to be known. You can guarantee that if you ever default on the account, everyone will know about it.

roni

9. Eugene

Eugene Guest

RE: The card really needs to b

You stated that aspire is GREAT if you pay the balance b/c they have a grace.

I said because they have 25 days grace. Many prime issuers have less. AmEx - 20 days, Citibank - 22, Chase - 22.

So there are definitely many better options.

Name some that give you more than 25 days, please.

There fees are very high.

I don't think you should consider all fees, just the ones you will have to or might pay.

They have the highest late fee I have ever seen.

But have you ever seen it on your statement? I never pay late (neither should you), so I don't care.

The APR is ridiculous as well.

If you pay in full every month, it should not affect you at all.

Capital One and Orchard have grace periods.

Yeah, the same 25 days.

Why not try them if you have questionable credit and are trying to establish.

Yeas, if you are building credit, Aspire card alone won't help, as I said.

You can guarantee that if you ever default on the account, everyone will know about it.

You bet.

Eugene.