Aspire Visa

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Oct 18, 2000.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I would like information on the Aspire Visa. What kind of card is this. Does anyone have the gold card.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

This card has an EXTREMELY high interest rate and it DOES NOT report to any of the CRA'S, so this would not really help anyone build their credit.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

That you mom. In the trash it goes.

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Your Welcome:)

5. Eboni

Eboni Guest

What's with Aspire

What's with Aspire? They have declined me for a card ( a few months ago before I know how horrible they were). What is their criteria for issuing cards? With that interest rate you would think they would hand them out like candy:)

If you default does the card go up to 50%?

Who has been approved and what was your credit like then?

6. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

RE: What's with Aspire

I had zero credit when I received the Aspire Visa some time ago. It's best for people who do not carry a balance from month to month, and it's not for those who are seeking to improve their credit reports as Aspire does not report positive activities to the CRAs. Still, I'm sure they would waste no time in reporting negative information.

The initial credit line for the Aspire Diamond Visa card is usually $1750, with an APR of about 28%. Maxing out this card would cost you about $40 per month in interest payments alone. I don't even want to think of what their default interest rate is.

While Aspire could be useful in the event of a household emergency, it's just too expensive for most cardholders' spending habits. If you're one to pay your full balances every month, you'll do fine. There is a 25-day grace period, and there are no annual fees. Their customer service is excellent, and they post all payments on time.

Nonetheless, once I began to qualify for prime credit cards, I dropped Aspire like a bad habit. If you ever do decide to accept Aspire's offer for a Visa card, be VERY careful. If you push too far toward that credit limit, you'll have hell paying it off.

7. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I have an Aspire card. I spoke to cs last week and they told me if you request it they will now report your account to the bureaus. She said it is something they just started doing. But, if you do get the card, don't carry a balance as the apr is sky high.

8. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Aspire default rate!

is 41%.

So if your late on a payment, your rate defaults to 41%.

I got the card about a month ago, and charged about $150. I called the automated customer service number on the back to find out when my payment was due, and the payment is due October 26th. I have yet to receive a bill so I called them and they said the bill was mailed October 4th. Today it is October 18th and I have yet to receive the bill. (Are they trying to force a latepayment fee?)

There already raping me with a 30% APR, and now their trying to F**K with the bill. This card will not sit for long in my wallet!

chet