Aspire

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeB, Jun 28, 2001.

1. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I was initially turned down for an Aspire Visa a month or two ago (no big loss). A few weeks ago, a Rep with Aspire called and said my app was reevaluated. I could barely understand anything she said. I finally said to send all the information to review. Well, today I got the information and the card that I didn't agree to yet. I called C.S. and put the account number in the automated line. There was already $190 in fees on a $300 credit limit, and you had to make a $20.00 payment on the account before using it. Sad.
    I called to cancel (I did not activate it of course). First time I called, I got disconnected after being on the line for 15 minutes. Second time they offered to increase the credit limit to $500 and promised that the $150 annual fee would be cut in half upon a good payment history. Did I mention the additional $6.50 monthly fee for the priviledge of Aspire maintaining my account? You miss one payment and APR jumps to 25.X APR.
    Is this Sub Sub Prime? haha
    Anyway, "CANCEL!" <click>

2. brad

brad Well-Known Member

MikeB, sound's like a winner to me.I think you should keep it!!! LOL,S.

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I think I have to disagree with you about it's being sub-prime.

Sounds to me like it's quite a few floors below that!

LOL

4. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Only several floors below sub prime? I think it's more like H***. Isn't this the one that has offered others the 45% interest rate. LOL

Rushing to apply now.....NOT!

5. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

WEll - hmmmmm.......

those are horrible terms for a bank that does not even report - gotta love that $78 annual fee - collecting interest monthly - probably preventing a $0 balance or grace period EVER.

$190 in fees B4 you even touched it + another $20.

Aren't you happy you were RE-EVALUATED?

Aspire. Hmmmm........

warmest card clipping regards - dogman

6. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

45%.....

and you only get that BONUS rate because the FEDS have lowered rates 5 times in the last year LOL !

hope this email reaches you in good spirit - dogman

7. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Re: 45%.....

What's sad is that there are people that take the card. My best card other than my bank credit card is Citibank and the worst is Orchard/Cap One. I think Aspire makes DMB look good....haha.

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Mike - you were "slammed." I would file a complaint.
    Never tell a telemarketer (that's what this was) to "send me the information in the mail." They get paid for sales, will deliberately misunderstand, and put it through as a sale.

breeze

9. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Breeze, it's OK. I enjoyed DENYING the credit card company for a change. HAHAHAHAHA!
    I "Slammed" the phone on them...lol.

10. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Citibank is a fine card Mike- thats a great card to have.

c ya dog

11. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Yeah, that's what I hear. I have only had it
    a few months, so I am still working on building a good history. I am hoping credit limit increases are a few months away. Thanks.

12. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Citibank

24 months or even 18 months with Citibank will get you straight to Diners Club 100% guaranteed. AMEX will get you a Card if you apply - Citibank is that good of a reference.

hope you are having a nice Friday - hurray - I do not have to go back to internetworking until July 11 - a cherished week off and I just got home an hour ago.

c ya - dogman

13. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

BEST FEELING

is not really anything to do with a piece of plastic...BUT the BEST Credit Card feeling is rejecting the bank's offer.

It means your credit is getting better, and after I got my AMEX, I cut up all cards that did not lower interest. I flat told them I now had AMEX and was going to get down to one MC/ one Visa / AMEX.

It worked great!

c ya - dogman