ASPIRE

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rolo, Oct 16, 2000.

1. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

I closed an aspire visa account a couple of months ago because of high apr. they are still sending me monthly statements with zero balances. does anynone know why.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Did they send you a letter stating your account was closed by YOUR request?? If so they I don't know why they are still sending, but I would call them again and cancel and request the letter, I would say check your reports, but we all know Aspire doesn't report.

3. Saar

Saar Banned

First USA tactics?

Hehe, That's nothing compared to J. Edgar receiving CONVENIENCE CHECKS for his long closed First USA accounts

Saar

4. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

RE: First USA tactics?

Yes, and I just got another batch two weeks ago. This time I called. The moron CSR told me it takes about 2-3 months for the checks to stop coming.

I asked her if it would take 2-3 months for them to bounce the checks if I used them, or 2-3 months to decline a transaction if I tried to use the account. There was momentary stunned silence, a flurry of button pushing on her computer, followed by a monotone "If your account is closed you may no longer use it. We can however process a request to have it reopened, blah, blah, blah...", as she read off the screen. I'm surprised that she didn't try to sell me insurance, a travel club, or some other worthless service they usually offer.

I then asked if I'm not longer allowed to use it, why are they enticing me to do so by sending convenience checks for 2.99% APR for 4 months? Was this a official policy of the bank to engage in deceptive trade practices? At that point we mysteriously got disconnected.

FirstUSA is a bunch of boobs.