Asset Acceptance LLC, multiple inquiries on my credit?

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by nickyh, Nov 16, 2010.

1. nickyh

nickyh New Member

I am trying to decide what my best course of action against these people are. I realize I may owe a debt, but I recently pulled up my credit report to see that they have made SIX inquiries on my credit report within the past year. Can they do this? I have NEVER given them any permission to run my credit.

I think they are trying to sue me, and I want to get some information before sending my debt validation letter. After a lot of reading, it seems that they are incapable of properly validating debts. I've also read of a lot of people saying when they sent the debt validation letter, they got no response except a process server at their door. Can they even do that? If they've already started the process for suing me, is it too late to go for a debt validation? I only started receiving calls (which I haven't answered) recently, and only for me to call back to "verify my address for an important legal document". I have no idea what to do. Someone help. Please.

2. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

Post your questions in the main Credit Talk forum from now on and you should get a faster response.

Now, if you truly owe them an unpaid debt, it could be argued that they have permissible purpose to pull your credit reports for the purpose of collecting the debt. They should be soft pulls, so they don't affect your credit scores like a hard pull would anyway.

Send your DV letter sooner rather than later and keep all your communication via mail too. In addition, I'm not a lawyer, but my understanding is that they can't just sue you unless they've validated your debt as long as you sent your DV within the 30-day time period.