Associates Late Fees

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by RichGuy, Oct 9, 2001.

1. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

I had an unusual experience today. Let me give you some background:

I have a total of 6 cards from Asssociates National Bank (Delaware.) Payments for the 5 gas cards all go to Des Moines, Iowa. For September, 2 of my 5 payments were posted late. Mailed on Sept. 9, they were both posted on Sept. 20.

Today I called the CITGO and Texaco customer service numbers (not the same number, by the way.)
    The CITGO rep was very accomodating and reversed a $13 late fee. She said they were doing it "as a courtesy." I asked whether that was a one-time courtesy, and she said no, they would do it whenever the late posting wasn't my fault. I felt very good about that.

Then I called the Texaco number and explained the situation. The rep told me the $10 late fee had already been reversed. I asked her if she was sure, and also for the balance. It was $10 lower than it had been on the touchtone information system a few minutes earlier.

Apparently, once CITGO reversed their late fee, the Texaco late fee was automatically reversed. Hard to believe, but it seems the most likely explanation based on the evidence.