Associates National Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by brad, Apr 3, 2000.

1. brad

brad Well-Known Member

I am very displeased with this credit company. First of all, I never activated the account, but instead threw the card away when I received it.
    Lately, I have been receiving phone solicitaions from ANB literally almost every other day. Most of the time the solicitations are for the same products or services. I have repeatedly told them that I am not interested in these products, yet I still receive frequent calls.
    What irks me the most is the fact that I have been told that I can be charged for these products and services after 30 days if I agree to look them over, even though I never activated the account. How can a company post charges to an account that is not even active?!
    Do not be fooled by The Associates National Bank. I have heard nothing but bad reviews for this company on this message board. They have terrible rates and absolutely no leniancy with late payments. Plus, the "special offers" they provide through their constant phone calls are not really good deals. Often, you will end up paying for the supposed "free" products or services in full if you are not able to cancel your membership within thirty days of acqusition.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I have had the card since last July 99. I have never had any problems with them at all. I just recently got an increase. And they have only called me once since obtaining the card. I am sorry you are having problems with them, I hope you can resolve your problem.

3. Karen Rile

Karen Rile Guest

I have tried almost a dozen times to cancel my ccount that I never activated! I was told EVERY time I called to "destroy the card" "the cahrges will be removed" "You owe nothing".

Now there's a magazine subscription charge of $58 that gets automatically put on there every month. You can't get through on their 800# unless you choose to say that your card is stolen.

And don't even get me started about the solicitation calls that come in multiple timer PER DAY -- no exaggeration -- they're calling "on behalf of Associates National Bank."

I'm sending a letter to them, the Deleware Attorney General, The Consumers Affairs Division of the Federal Government and anyone else I can think of.

4. Henry Nass

Henry Nass Guest

I believe compalints relating to a "natioanl" bank, should be sent also to the Comptroller of the Currency in Washington. I can't get through to them either on their 800 number and think its reasonable to find out how many customer servicagents they have for how many cvard holders.
    How does one know when a bank is lying to you in answering over the phone ? or for that matter saying your payment was received late (and charging you an easy $29.) Any answers ?