Associates National Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Apr 12, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

Here's some info on The Associates that may be of interest if you're a current or potential card holder. I've already said than since bought by Citi, they offer much better products. Customer Service has improved dramaticly.

First, they now offer lower purchase APR. Mine is currently 10.9% - very competitive.

Second, once your credit limit reaches $2000, you can call and ask that your card be upgraded to gold.

Third, they review your account for an automatic increase every 4 months. If your payment history is good, the amount of increase will mainly depend on your income (the one they have on file. If your income is now higher, call their credit dept. and have them update it to get higher increases in the future).

Saar

2. bj

bj Guest

Does anyone have experience with their secured card? That is, has anyone had their secured card unsecured (flipped), and how long was it open when it happened?
    Thanks!

3. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I had a secured card from them. I had it for about 6 years and it was never unsecured. However, I never asked. That was before I knew what I know now. When I called to close the account, the rep asked me if I was sure. I think he was new or something because he made me feel like he wanted to offer me something, but didn't know what to do. I really didn't want the account so I verifyed that it would be "closed by consumer" and left it at that. I really think if you have had your account longer than 1 year and you have managed your accoount well, you should call and ask about unsecuring your account. Processes and/or upgrades are probably much easier now since they have merged with Citibank. Good luck!

4. mglanham

mglanham Well-Known Member

Re: Associates Nat Bnk, Thnks Saar

COOL! Thanks for the tip Saar, I just called and got my card upgraded to a GOLD as well. Any special benefits with that one?? I was recently told that I have the lowest APR available on my current card at 19%, which is the standard visa. Will I be able to get a lower APR with the GOLD???? Thanks again

5. Saar

Saar Banned

You've bumped my above post, which was written some 5+ months ago. The APR on my Gold is now a fixed 9.49%.

There was some rate adjustment when it was converted to Gold, so you may want to wait and see what you get.

Saar

6. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Just applied online for the Assoicates MC card and got the "we will notify you in 7-10 days" message. Oh well another denial in the works.

Trying to replace my Providian MC (no grace/23.99%).

Best regards,
    Sam