Associates Visa

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Rita, Sep 26, 2000.

1. Rita

Rita Guest

Today I received an "Invitation to Apply" for the Associates Visa. It says that if i don't qualify for the Gold card that they will send me a classic card with a minimum credit of $300. No annual fee and decent apr. Now, my question is, how hard is it to get a card with them. Are they considered Sub-Prime? I'm trying to re-establish credit and I have 2 sub prime cards they were opened in june and July. What are my chances?

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

They are borderline subprime.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

But they still turned me down.

4. Rita

Rita Guest

How damaged is your credit? my cbi score is about 590/600, tu is about 540/550 and trw is about 560. I know they they are low but last year when i started to reestablish my scores were in the low 400's.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

My scores are 609 equifax and 619 experian and 625 transunion give or take a few points

6. Centurion

Centurion Guest

Where are you getting your sco

Where are you getting your scores from? I would like to know.

7. Rita

Rita Guest

RE: Where are you getting your

I work for a mortgage company and I pulled my own credit report.

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Oh I bought a car this month. I made each dealer tell me the score and from whom. Also a internet finance company told me over the phone.

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Dang Rita. Can you pull my report in a few months. I aint kidding either.

10. David

David Well-Known Member

I was told about a month ago that my Experian score was 703. Sounds good, huh?
    Well, I was denied by AMEX for too many recent credit checks, so even though all of those inquiries I made were taken into that 703 score, AMEX still didn't want me. I am pretty sure that AMEX Blue doesn't require a score greater than 703!!

11. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

They are considered subprime.
    You should be able to get a card from
    them, maybe not the gold one, but the classic.

I have the classic visa from them, $1000
    credit line (started with $750).

Pros: no annual fee, easy to get, they
    increase the line after 6 months.
    Cons: no online access, high APR, mediocre
    reputation, subprime customer service.

12. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I agree with you Sorin about their reputation & customer service. However, they have always been considered a prime institution. They do cater to the subprime market as well.

13. miles

miles Well-Known Member

David, with a score that good, you should call & speak with someone in the credit dept. From what I have been reading lately, you may be able to have a rep override the computer's decision. Good luck!

14. Tom

Tom Guest

Please remember they were bought out by Citibank,so a year late you will hold Citibank credit card.

15. debbie

debbie Guest

Does anyone know from what credit bureau they pull your report from?

16. Tom

Tom Guest

Mine was from TU.

17. debbie

debbie Guest

tom:

How long before you got an answer?
    I'm calling there 800 #, and they tell me they will let me know in 4 weeks!! I applied about 4 days ago.

18. Tom

Tom Guest

You can call 800-842-2348 to find out your application status.I applied their Shell gas card on Sep 16(by phone ) and called Sep 25 was told approval.

19. debbie

debbie Guest

thanx!!!!

20. David

David Well-Known Member

I applied online for a Mastercard and was given approval instantly, right online!