AT & T Universal Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by $wealth$, Jul 26, 2001.

1. $wealth$

$wealth$ Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about applying for the AT & T Universal Card. I feel I may have a good shot at it because I researched that they mostly pull from TU (my best CR)

Has anyone recently applied for this card? If so, what was your experience, approved/denied @ what score?

My TU has 1 neg acct. for $ 112.00 and maybe 5 inquiries. Approx 15 positive references and a score of 680. What do you think? Do I have a chance?

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

probably get it. You're likely to get the citibank cards as well since they are the same bank nowadays.

3. $wealth$

I have absolutely no will power. I applied online this afternoon hoping for an instant approval. To my dismay, AT & T does not offer on line approvals, so now I'm playing the waiting game.

Maybe I should call? I did. The rep said it takes two weeks to get the information in their system once you apply on line.

Needing instant gratification I applied for the Nextcard. A no go. Still seeking approval, I applied for Chase...further processing necessary. Most likely a NO.

What I really need is HELP and the will not to apply for credit and rack up more inquiries for at least 6 months to a year.

With that said, I will now go home and wait and wait and wait.

4. Jugnoo

Jugnoo Well-Known Member

Do you have any Citi cards? 680 should qualify you for most Citi products.

5. $wealth$

I have a old Citibank product...Their Choice Visa Card. The account is closed, and I paying off the remaining balance. It has a perfect payment history.

What's your opinion? Worth another inquiry?

6. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Wait for the replies on what you have already applied. Just my opinion.

www.creditsense.com

7. Jugnoo

Jugnoo Well-Known Member

If your negative is 2+ years old, and paid, you should get a Citi card with your score. The only issue is that if you do qualify for the other cards you have applied for, you will end up with too many new accounts.

If you don't have any accounts opened recently (6 months), go for it.